AON channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I was wondering who pays to have this channel broadcast over so many differents sats. I find it hard to believe that this seemingly small black church could afford to have it's endless cache of video'd services so pervasively broadcast....I mean it's not like the preacher has so much draw quality that they're raking in the bucks. I don't get it. Someone please enlighten me.

It looks like they are on maybe 7 satellites for free plus one subscription and at least 8 local tv channels. The best price I could come up with was about $7000 per month for a Ku channel. So you get an idea of how many donations they need a month to keep it going. You would be shocked at how many folks give money to these organizations.

In some cases it can be less than that. SatelliteAv posted some general info in regards to what it costs some channels on G19

G3 isnt as popular as G19 and that transponder they are on has like 25 channels on it (Racetrack TV and some others) so it may be pretty cheap for that satellite. I know 127W C-Band probably is in the same boat,

The G19 they are piggybacked on the 3ABN transponder so maybe SatelliteAv can give us some more clues since he works closely with 3ABN and the Adventist channels ;)

Interesting that you mention.....

I spoke with AON administration several months ago and asked a similar question. The G3 feed was to have been terminated years ago and they were not aware that the signal was still up on that bird as they are not paying for it. They only contract on C-band and Galaxy 19.

How does that happen??? We all should be so lucky!

It begs the question: How much does it really cost per day for an uplinker to send up one channel? Perhaps it is dirt cheap?

Definitely not cheap. Probably someone is asleep at the wheel.

Maybe the uplinker administration isn't communicating well with their engineers or the engineers built the mux and have no verification process or reason to question their build.

A $7k TV service would be low bandwidth on a less popular satellite. Typical quoted monthly cost for a simple turn on a popular satellite is $3000 - $3500 per meg based on multiple year contract.

Last edited:
I spoke with AON administration several months ago and asked a similar question. The G3 feed was to have been terminated years ago and they were not aware that the signal was still up on that bird as they are not paying for it. They only contract on C-band and Galaxy 19.

How does that happen??? We all should be so lucky!
dang. The power of the higher up I guess ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)