Apartment Faces North

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcamusjr@comcast.net

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
I've got a very clear line of site to the North, East and West from my apartment....but not south. Am I out of luck for Satellite TV?

You don't say where you live, if you live in south america you are ok, but if you live in north america not a chance unless you ask your neighbour to have a dish setup in his/her balcony and run a cable from there to your apartment.

There is a Hispanic family in my complex who's apt. faces north like yours. They had the installer put the dish on a 4x4 post in the ground on the south side of the building so they could get D*s Para Todos feed. Don't know how long your cable run will be, or how the leasing office will react to this but according to the FCC rules they can't forbid you to place the dish where you can "get" a signal if you can't get one from the apt. The only problem I see is the post will probablly be placed in what can be termed as a "Common Area" My advice is go to the FCC's website or google FCC rules on Sat dish placement. There is a 17 page Q&A on the subject. I printed it out and gave it to my leasing office and I guess they figured they were fighting a losing battle cause they let me put my dish on the roof!! Good luck.--Ray

An apartment can forbid you from having a dish. The rules just prohibit restrictions on dishes in areas under your exclusive control. The FCC rules are limited in scope. Plus, an apartment can forbid any drilling thorugh walls for the cables to pass through. I know it stinks not to be able to get satellite, but sometimes those are the breaks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)