Apartment Install Advice...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blueaurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
Shreveport, La
I am going to go ahead and attempt to get satellite again. I am hoping I have enough clear line of site to even get the installation but aside from that...

My apartment management group is a pain in the ass and are really giving me a hard time about installation options without charging me a large amount of fees.

I am going to have to have some kind of clamp for the balcony or tripod design for the mount. I know neither would be covered by standard installation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how much a decent one will cost and any models I should look at? I just want to make sure it is compatible with whatever size mounting pole that installer would use.

Thanks in advance.

that is a good idea but I need as much clearance as I can get. My balcony fence is all wood and has some height to it.

Any other ideas?

Try one of these:
Non-Penetrating Roof Mount NPR4A 8 Blocks 3' x 3'

No clamp, no permanent attachment, pretty hard to argue with. Put the cement blocks on it, lay a nice table top on it, and VOILA!, it's a table on your balcony with a dish as a centerpiece!

Just nothing simpler & easy to use than the above; minus hiking those cinder blocks up the stairs. Some of these have modified 2inch pipes to make the dish higher or lower. Your other option is a large flower pot filled with cement with your own two inch pole scaled to whatever height you need to clear the fence. You'd be surprised how little clearance you really need to obtain signal through some of these fences. The LNB might look like its going right into a wood fence but it's really the dish that's bringing in the signal. All you can do is try.

Consider a picnic table.
Once it is positioned with a southern LOS you can do much to attach masts & stuff........and it is furniture ........even if you have to assemble it on your deck. KA/KU for HD needs a 2"od steel tube.

Your next trick will be getting cable)s) through your door or window.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)