Apartment install

i am not sure, but doesn't dish have a 30 day money back deal? one of the dish subscribers might be able to chime in with more info.

I am the installer, sales person, and owner of the system. According to the apartment rep the dish would be no problem. The manager is giving me a different story.

at the last apartment building I lived in, i sat down with the landlord and had a little heart-to-heart over this problem. It was a fairly small building with only 10 units, and I knew of 5 of the apartments that wanted to get dish. He said he didn't want to do it because he didn't want all them dishes hanging off of the balcony's. After showing him the FCC regs he pretty much agreed that there wasn't much he could do about stopping us. But I convinced him to let me put up two pole mounted dishes, one dish, one direct... on the back side of the building, and I ran everyone's service off of that setup. He was happy, we were happy, everyones happy....

I told by CSR and someone in the cancellation department, that with LOS issues dish will escalate your termination fee to higher ups. And they should waive it if you tried to keep service at your new location. D* is the same way.

bsilvertab - I have had similar situations in the past, not with sat. I always found it was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! I would just go ahead and install it. Assuming it's unobtrusive and safe when they do see it, they're likely to not make you take it out. Just my experience, YMMV...

mount the dish inside?

I have seen ads for ways to mount your dish INSIDE of your apartment if you have a clear view. Anyone ever heard of this? It involves replacing a window or sliding door with one that contains a type of common plexiglass, or else just opening the window and fitting in tightly a correctly sized piece of plexi to keep ot the cold, heat, bugs, etc. Anyone ever tried this?

bluetrain1 said:
I have seen ads for ways to mount your dish INSIDE of your apartment if you have a clear view. Anyone ever heard of this? It involves replacing a window or sliding door with one that contains a type of common plexiglass, or else just opening the window and fitting in tightly a correctly sized piece of plexi to keep ot the cold, heat, bugs, etc. Anyone ever tried this?

Seen it and it works but its more of a pain than its worth considering the space it takes up inside your place and it gets bumped alot, all in all a bad idea and one that I dont recommend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts