App not working

Ccmacon

Nov 28, 2012
Corpus Christi.
Need some help,app has no clear directions ,can't get it to to work ,nor can I get dish ,to work,how do I get a refund ,and I'm done with satellite
thanks for you're help

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
What directions do you need?

Press satellites and select the satellite(s) that you want displayed.

Leave all other settings in the "auto" mode if your mobile device has GPS and compass.

Press Camera -AR to display the satellite arc with selected satellites over the live picture provided buy your mobile device. Aim the camera in the direction of the sun and the satellite arc will appear on the viewfinder.

Now you will see where the satellite is located in the sky.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Send me an email or a PM and I'll sort out the refund for you.

Ccmacon

Nov 28, 2012
Corpus Christi.
Thanks for directions, now can see satellites, just don't see ones for Dish,had to have inside unit replaced,it was overnighted, thanks again for help

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
The Dish Network satellites are all in the list. Their satellites are named after the parent company, Echostar.

Depends where you are in the US. East coast typically are aimed at the Echostar satellites @ 61.5 and 77.5. West coast locations typically aimed at 110 and 119. Older installs may only be aimed at 119 and 110. International channels may also be provided by 129.

Consult with Dish network to determine what satellite(s) your dish should be aimed at to receive the services you are subscribed to.

CA Traveler

Jul 12, 2012
AZ
Will the dish receiver display the sats used like my DTV receiver to help initially identify the sats used? The iPhone app has bugs that contribute to sats not displaying and one displaying that is not selected. I deleted/reloaded the app and minimized the use of the options as a work around. I can display all of the above mentioned Dish sats. They are not all identified as Echostar in the list but the longtitude is correct which is all that's needed.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Depends on the package subscribed, type and number of LNBFs, switches, receiver models, etc.

Check with Dish Network for the target satellites for your subscription and equipment type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)