Apparently Variety Has Issues with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not even that many. Last number I saw, was 2.72 million viewers for FoxNews. Lets assume 110 Million TV viewers across the country(I am guessing it is higher, but for the sake of argument.) 110M/14.057M=7.8253% of the market 2.72Mx.078253=just under 213K Fox viewers. That is all assuming that it is a fair split between Dish and all other companies for Fox Viewers. Dish may have more, they may have less, but certainly not "Millions"

Very very specifically why I said I was guessing it is higher then that number. I read a report somewhere that said 280 million homes had pay TV, that was back in June or July. I do not want to go surfing for it though, so I lowballed that number to give the benefit of doubt towards the Channel Owner.

That was just one report... I lowballed it, according to the link I posted, it is about right on par with the 110M... 100.9 to be exact on that page. That was 2011, but I can adjust my math some, but it will still not make it Millions of Dish viewers, which was the overall point.

Adjusted the math, came to 195,238.88 customers in a even amount of consumers. 7.1779%

Where to start. *sigh*

First, there are approximately 100,000,000 (100M) homes in the USA that subscribe to a MVPD out of the roughly 114M TV Households in the 2015 season.

The number you saw of 2.72 Million was either for (1) a single program or (2) an average for the week, meaning at ANY time during (1) that show or (2) that week there were an average of 2.7 Million Viewers.

That DOES NOT MEAN that Fox had only 2.7 Million Viewers TOTAL.

No one is watching Fox News 24/7/365.

As thus you can do a wild guess (using your 2.72 Million Number) providing....that at ANY ONE TIME in either (1) the show or (2) the week that 100M/2.72 = 2.72% of the Households were viewing Fox News (that is providing that only 1 person in the Household was watching at the time - and doubt Fox News is family viewing event). Using the same number with 14M Dish subs, again using your numbers and making a wild assumption that Fox News Viewers mirror the "Universe", 2.72% of 14M = 380,800 Dish Subs AT ANY ONE TIME.

Again, that is NOT 380,800 TOTAL, but at that one random time.

5 Million Dish Subs might watch during the course of a week. 10 Million might watch. 1 Million might watch. It is impossible to know given the figures you have provided, but it certainly much higher than 380,800.

Although right now its 0.

Plus, there are some like me, that never watch Fox News at all.
Yes there are a lot of people who never watch Fox News, probably a lot more than do. That is why there are so many channels so each person can pick what interests them. We all

pay for Dish service, not for just the channels We watch.
When one of the more popular channels is off because of another Dish dispute,no matter who is at fault, it effects a lot of people. I for one wish to see it settled soon, because right now, I feel like l am throwing away good money staying with Dish when there are other options.
Evidently there are a lot of people like me, or There would be no info channel with Charlie trying to lay blame and soothe hurt feelings. Dish should settle or drop the channel for good and move on. Then the unhappy customers could move on also.

There will be a time where both sides will have to talk. FOX should not be trying to increase fees on other channels which are not included in this contract as part of getting FOX News back.

If they were not doing that then I am sure FOX News would be back on now.

International Business Times ---Viewership for news programming is often unpredictable from week to week, and Christmas week tends to be a slow news period. But Fox’s prime-time ratings are down almost 12 percent when compared to the same week last year, when it averaged 1.06 million viewers. That makes sense: Dish Network has a market share of about 13.4 percent of the pay-TV industry. ----

Looks like Fox is paying a price (for a time). Wonder how it is affecting Dish?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)