Appeals Court Finds Echostar in Contempt in TIVO Case

You know, I was just sitting here and pondering all of this and all that has gone on. And now that I am thinking about it I am wondering if this might have been the game plan all along.

I have sat down and talked one on one with Charlie a few times over the years about the TIVO lawsuit, and everytime I mentioned it to him, he didn't seem concerned instead he smiled and acted as cool as a cucumber and told me that he believed this was an honest disagreement and he just wanted to see what the final outcome would be. And he said this all with the same s* eating grin on his face looking confident in what he was saying.

I might not agree with the way the man does things, but I always learn in the long run he has a game plan and he sticks to it. And in most cases he gets what he wants in the end.

You know, I was just sitting here and pondering all of this and all that has gone on. And now that I am thinking about it I am wondering if this might have been the game plan all along.

I have sat down and talked one on one with Charlie a few times over the years about the TIVO lawsuit, and everytime I mentioned it to him, he didn't seem concerned instead he smiled and acted as cool as a cucumber and told me that he believed this was an honest disagreement and he just wanted to see what the final outcome would be. And he said this all with the same s* eating grin on his face looking confident in what he was saying.

I might not agree with the way the man does things, but I always learn in the long run he has a game plan and he sticks to it. And in most cases he gets what he wants in the end.
It actually makes sense because it justifies what otherwise may be considered negligent behavior during this sordid legal wrangling. At least Charlie would have obtained Tivo's patents, litigation staff, and a legal presedence to go after others.

I wonder what all the "Tivo's patents are unenforceable" proponents will say should E* obtain Tivo's IP rights? To be honest, I want E* to buy Tivo just to see the fallout...:eek:

Perhaps Charlie met with TIVO's CEO in the bathroom a few years ago and decided to place a wager on who would win the lawsuit...

The bet was $1...

Just like Trading Places. :)

You never know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)