Apple Safari Browser for the PC!

i downloaded this an cant get it to work even though it say vista.... it refuses to run... i wish it would i like this browser and have used it on my intel mac setup
works great

As many other have said before; I am not impressed at all and Firefox still kills it in nearly every category. I uninstalled it. Its NOT ready for prime time.

Ditto... it made the uninstall on my PC today too.

The only I can see it is useful for right now is for web developers to test their webpage on yet another browser.

The fonts in your screenshot sure look fuzzy (heavy ?) to me....
(the below is off-topic, sorry in advance)

For some reason I have a high probability of looking at a digital clock when it shows 10:47. As in the referenced screen shot... It's just something weird that I've noticed over the years.

I don't know, but part of me wants to say it has something to do with a radio station I listen to a lot, 104.7, even though they are owned by Clear Channel and play way more commercials now than when they were privately owned. Perhaps I tend to have the digits "1047" on my car's radio display so often and thus in my peripheral view when I'm driving, that whenever those digits show up on a nearby digital clock my brain wants me to notice... :rolleyes:

I d/l the thing and installed it. It is fast. But it's getting limited use until an adblock plug-in is available. It's also not compatible with the text-to-speech screen reader either. I'm used to Safari on my Mac lapper though.

Nice... does it do tabbed browsing?

No adblock plugin yet, eh?

Found a couple of websites it didn't render correctly. Cosmetic stuff.

I d/l the thing and installed it. It is fast. But it's getting limited use until an adblock plug-in is available. It's also not compatible with the text-to-speech screen reader either. I'm used to Safari on my Mac lapper though.
So what you're saying is, the fonts are so fuzzy that the computer can't even read them...

Doesn't render pages created in Excel properly, nor does it display OWA( Outlook Web Access) properly. Those are show-stoppers for me.

You nailed that on the head!!! On one board (a vBulletin one) I used to be an admin on, they allowed 10 kilometre sigs and had no rules on them. When I suggested to limit them to 3 or 4 lines and have no or one very small image, I was out voted. So I voted myself off the admin team as I didn't want to be part of a board that allowed that. Although most vB or IPB mboards have an option in your profile to turn them off, I excercised that option when I was on that board. But if I visited the board not logged in, there they were.

The rules posted by Scott regarding the sigs is short to the point. That I like.

Funny thing about that other board, they email me now and then needing a rescue if they hose something in the forum software or mess up their Google ads. They know little about vB.

The adblock is great for annoying 5 mile signatures on peoples messages(not this board). Plus some of the annoying animated avatars and graphics on several sites.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts