Apple TV and MLB live games with Google TV app

It is as I have shown you earlier, your device is just not on their supported compatibility list to see it.

There are 2 versions, generic Android TV:
View attachment 163486

For Sony
View attachment 163487

and as I mentioned earlier, download the APK and sideload it. No different than on the FireTV, lots of apps are not available on the Amazon Store but if you wanted to install it as long as it is Android, there is a way to do it. With that being said, keyboard apps is a exception as there is no way to select a different installed keyboard.
1st
Not my device

2nd
Hopper is a dish device..so obviously all aps added to it are handled thru dish

So natuarally it would never ever be on a supported device list for google

1st
Not my device

2nd
Hopper is a dish device..so obviously all aps added to it are handled thru dish

So natuarally it would never ever be on a supported device list for google
Wrong, do you even know how an app will show up or not on Google Play Store? It's based on the fingerprint of the device which is in build.prop. If it wasn't on a supported list for Google, you would see 0 apps in Google Play as what Google Play shows is based on the fingerprint of the device. Hopper is a DISH Service but the Hopper+ is an Android TV device and apps added to it is not handled thru DISH, the only apps handled thru DISH is the DISH TV app which gives you access to the Hopper DVR like before the Hopper+ was added, anything else is a add that you added on your own either by using the Google Play store or by sideloading. DISH is not going to support any app other than the DISH TV app, the same one where you watch satellite TV and the DVR recordings. Anything else is your own problem as someone in front of the Hopper+ added it on their own. And if you buy a app on Google Play Store, the money also goes to Google and not DISH. My first response already showed you who is responsible for each app as Apple is the one who submitted it to Google Play Store and Google is the one that acts between the consumer and the developer. You can load the Amazon Store on the Hopper+ and at that point, you would be dealing with Amazon and for apps you buy, it would go through Amazon which is easy to verify, buy an app and then ask for a refund within 30 minutes, look at who charged your credit card. Also, goto
Hopper Plus | DISH and you will see:
1689269332298.png

Notice it says on "Google Play", if it was DISH providing you the apps, it would not even use the name "Google" and let's look at what Google Play is:

Based on what you said, Apple Store also does not belong to Apple.

And before you ask, the developer as in Apple in this case is who decides on what devices are compatible or not and if the Hopper+ is not on the list, then you will not see the app show up. Instead of explaining it on my time, it helps if you educate yourself by reading:

Everyone has already tried to help you but you won't accept their input so why bother asking if you are going to challenge everyone's answers as it's basically wasting everyone's time and bandwidth. Also, before you post or even reply, consider reading the Netiquette which is known as the rules of electronic communications that has been used since the 1980s at:

Reactions: J_Smooth
Wrong, do you even know how an app will show up or not on Google Play Store? It's based on the fingerprint of the device which is in build.prop. If it wasn't on a supported list for Google, you would see 0 apps in Google Play as what Google Play shows is based on the fingerprint of the device. Hopper is a DISH Service but the Hopper+ is an Android TV device and apps added to it is not handled thru DISH, the only apps handled thru DISH is the DISH TV app which gives you access to the Hopper DVR like before the Hopper+ was added, anything else is a add that you added on your own either by using the Google Play store or by sideloading. DISH is not going to support any app other than the DISH TV app, the same one where you watch satellite TV and the DVR recordings. Anything else is your own problem as someone in front of the Hopper+ added it on their own. And if you buy a app on Google Play Store, the money also goes to Google and not DISH. My first response already showed you who is responsible for each app as Apple is the one who submitted it to Google Play Store and Google is the one that acts between the consumer and the developer. You can load the Amazon Store on the Hopper+ and at that point, you would be dealing with Amazon and for apps you buy, it would go through Amazon which is easy to verify, buy an app and then ask for a refund within 30 minutes, look at who charged your credit card. Also, goto
Hopper Plus | DISH and you will see:
View attachment 163500
Notice it says on "Google Play", if it was DISH providing you the apps, it would not even use the name "Google" and let's look at what Google Play is:

Based on what you said, Apple Store also does not belong to Apple.
Hopper has propietery software...thats why Dish controls what aps get loaded

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper has propietery software...thats why Dish controls what aps get loaded
Wrong.... You are talking about the Hopper, not the Hopper+ which are two different things. DISH controls everything on the Hopper DVRs but the Hopper+ which is a Android TV device, the only thing they control is the DISH TV app which really just is a interface to your Hopper DVR, everything else is your own issue and there is virtually no limit since you don't expect DISH to control all 10,000+ apps do you? The only app on the DISH Hopper+ that is controlled by DISH is the DISH app (package name com.dish.atv.launcher) which is always the same version as the Hopper+'s software update.

What gets loaded is based on the build.prop file where there is something called a fingerprint. I know more about Android than DISH does, look up my name and you will see that every internet connected device in the world uses some of my code known as the TCP/IP stack which came from BSD Unix. How can I modify the phone model in build.prop to get unsupported apps?

And please read my last comment before this one that has been edited. Also, Josh.M who is officially with DISH can tell you if DISH controls what apps are shown on the Google Play Store on the Hopper+ or not.

Wrong.... You are talking about the Hopper, not the Hopper+ which are two different things. DISH controls everything on the Hopper DVRs but the Hopper+ which is a Android TV device, the only thing they control is the DISH TV app which really just is a interface to your Hopper DVR, everything else is your own issue and there is virtually no limit since you don't expect DISH to control all 10,000+ apps do you? The only app on the DISH Hopper+ that is controlled by DISH is the DISH app (package name com.dish.atv.launcher) which is always the same version as the Hopper+'s software update.

What gets loaded is based on the build.prop file where there is something called a fingerprint. I know more about Android than DISH does, look up my name and you will see that every internet connected device in the world uses some of my code known as the TCP/IP stack which came from BSD Unix. How can I modify the phone model in build.prop to get unsupported apps?

And please read my last comment before this one that has been edited. Also, Josh.M who is officially with DISH can tell you if DISH controls what apps are shown on the Google Play Store on the Hopper+ or not.
Your explanations all make sense to me. I guess what is strange is that Apple pointed me back to DISH to resolve the problem, and DISH escalated it within DISH rather than point me back to Apple. Since it was offered when the Hopper Plus began (I got mine in early Oct 22), I'm assuming Apple pulled the version that showed up on the Hopper Plus google store due to some compatibility issues? Being what I would consider a top 20 app that would be downloaded as a major streamer, doesn't it seem like a strange one to just get disconnected without DISH resolving it? Very happy that you pointed me to the sideload link, but still confused. I would completely get it if I was sideloading some minor app, but Apple TV?

Your explanations all make sense to me. I guess what is strange is that Apple pointed me back to DISH to resolve the problem, and DISH escalated it within DISH rather than point me back to Apple. Since it was offered when the Hopper Plus began (I got mine in early Oct 22), I'm assuming Apple pulled the version that showed up on the Hopper Plus google store due to some compatibility issues? Being what I would consider a top 20 app that would be downloaded as a major streamer, doesn't it seem like a strange one to just get disconnected without DISH resolving it? Very happy that you pointed me to the sideload link, but still confused. I would completely get it if I was sideloading some minor app, but Apple TV?
Just a thought, maybe Apple decided to remove the Hopper+ because people were having problems even though one can't find Hopper+ discussions anywhere outside of here and DISH might have escalated it internally but they couldn't fix the problem since remember how slow the Hopper+ is even with accessing the Hopper, if they can't fix that which is their own product, do you really think they can fix something that was written by Apple who is the major competitor to Android but probably did so just to gain people using it but I am sure they want people to use the actual Apple TV hardware. As for a major app, NetFlix is big but if the device you are using it on is rooted, it will also not show up in Google Play Store and the only way is to find the apk elsewhere and then sideload it even back in 2016 and currently. The thing is when you read the comments on Google Play Store for the Apple TV app, it seems to not have even a good review probably because Apple only put in a minor amount of effort so it can be installed but functionality might have lots of bugs, etc as it is still new and might take some time before it actually works well. The other thing was maybe when the Hopper Plus began, Apple TV was just available for all devices and then later, they changed their database to either exclude by specific devices or only include specific devices so everything else is excluded. I think the end result and what matters is you can get the app installed and working without problems, whether or not it was downloaded directly from Google Play Store is another issue altogether as even if it was and it has problems after installing, that's still not good.

Last edited:
If the question is if it is a different more updated version than what I had before, I don't know. First version was downloaded from the Hopper Plus play store last October. New sideloaded version tonight. I won't follow those uninstall/reinstall instructions in the future if I haven't checked to see if it still exists in the play store.
And the answer to that question would be no because these are the version(s) with release dates but they don't provide change logs so not sure what was changed between version(s):
Apple TV (Android TV) 12.0.0 - August 22, 2022
Apple TV (Android TV) 13.0.0 - October 3, 2022
Apple TV (Android TV) 13.1.0 - January 5, 2023
Apple TV (Android TV) 13.1.5 - February 27, 2023
Apple TV (Android TV) 13.3.0 - March 29, 2023
Apple TV (Android TV) 13.4.0 - June 6, 2023

So you might have started with 12.0.0 instead of 13.0.0 since a lot of times, Google Play Store does not show the newest version as similar to how DISH is doing software updates on the Hopper, they only show it available to a smaller portion of the population and then over time, more people will see the newest version, maybe this is to prevent too big of a load on their servers at once.

Juan - Didn't realize you were not the one who had the problem and also in Russia. The Hopper is the DVR which you are correct, all apps are controlled by DISH since you would not be able to add or remove any of the apps. The Hopper(+) Plus is a Android TV box provided by DISH that connects to the Hopper using a USB cable and the HDMI output which originally was on the Hopper is disconnected and instead connected to the Hopper(+) instead. It's the later box that we are discussing and when I meant your device, I meant any Android device in general, not your personal device. DISH's marketing appears to make the Hopper(+) Plus sound like a complete new Hopper DVR model which has everything the Hopper 3 has including Android TV support inside.

Just a thought, maybe Apple decided to remove the Hopper+ because people were having problems even though one can't find Hopper+ discussions anywhere outside of here and DISH might have escalated it internally but they couldn't fix the problem since remember how slow the Hopper+ is even with accessing the Hopper, if they can't fix that which is their own product, do you really think they can fix something that was written by Apple who is the major competitor to Android but probably did so just to gain people using it but I am sure they want people to use the actual Apple TV hardware. As for a major app, NetFlix is big but if the device you are using it on is rooted, it will also not show up in Google Play Store and the only way is to find the apk elsewhere and then sideload it even back in 2016 and currently. The thing is when you read the comments on Google Play Store for the Apple TV app, it seems to not have even a good review probably because Apple only put in a minor amount of effort so it can be installed but functionality might have lots of bugs, etc as it is still new and might take some time before it actually works well. The other thing was maybe when the Hopper Plus began, Apple TV was just available for all devices and then later, they changed their database to either exclude by specific devices or only include specific devices so everything else is excluded. I think the end result and what matters is you can get the app installed and working without problems, whether or not it was downloaded directly from Google Play Store is another issue altogether as even if it was and it has problems after installing, that's still not good.
That seems pretty reasonable. Thanks for the detailed information, much appreciated. You are a benefit to this forum!

That seems pretty reasonable. Thanks for the detailed information, much appreciated. You are a benefit to this forum!
You are very welcome. Just hoped more people had the Hopper+ especially people on xda-developers.com as someone there will probably provide a custom ROM with the official DISH app meaning everyone will have more control of the device and with luck, might fix the lag issue(s) when accessing the Hopper, ofcourse that is still wishful thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts