Apple TV + price increase

Will make a decision on my sub next time it's annual charge is up in the middle of 2024, at $70/year it's been one of the best values in streaming in my house given the quality, so not surprised to see it increase.

Will make a decision on my sub next time it's annual charge is up in the middle of 2024, at $70/year it's been one of the best values in streaming in my house given the quality, so not surprised to see it increase.
I keep forgetting I have this service, yet I love the content.

Costco was selling one year subscription to Apple TV last year for $29.99, bought 3 of them, so paid up until 2026 ( was already paid up till the middle of 2023).

Reactions: Bobby
I hate to see the price go up, but $38 is still a good deal for Apple One Premier for the 6 family members I have using my subscription. The only service that doesn't see significant usage is Arcade. Especially when I factor in I pay for it with discounted Apple gift cards from Target.

Annual rate is going from $69 to $99. I still consider that a good value for what I get from the service. I may be taking a second look next year at the value of Max, Paramount and Disney.

I keep forgetting I have this service, yet I love the content.

Costco was selling one year subscription to Apple TV last year for $29.99, bought 3 of them, so paid up until 2026 ( was already paid up till the middle of 2023).
I forgot about this also that I get free with my T-Mobile account.

"Apple reported strong services revenue in its latest quarter with sales up $21.2 billion, an increase of more than 8% year over year."

Yet, they want more money.

"Apple reported strong services revenue in its latest quarter with sales up $21.2 billion, an increase of more than 8% year over year."

Yet, they want more money.
You might remember that Apple sells a lot more than AppleTV+. As they expand into the media side of things they need to raise the rate. They let you wet your whistle at $4.99 a month for the plus product for 4 years. Now it is time to pay the piper.

Got a link to prove that?
No link. Just experience working with and for them on and off since 1986, right after I left IBM, with the release of the Mac SE in 1987.

Matter of fact the first major corporation that used Macs was when I was able to place the new mSE with USWest, now CL/Lumen. They used them to create the color two page inserts between the White and Yellow pages based on the cities the Phone Books were in. Remember those? No one does.

The rest is history . . .

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

Raising rates has also cost them.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk
Cost them how? I mean, I am sure a few folks will leave Apple TV+ over the price increases, just like any other service, but Apple's services revenue had grown to about $22 billion/year, and reinforces their device sales. The Apple One subscription I have for my family is a really good deal in my opinion, even with the most recent price increase.

Reactions: Bobby
No link. Just experience working with and for them on and off since 1986, right after I left IBM, with the release of the Mac SE in 1987.
So you are going by how you feel without looking at their Quarterly /Annual Reports.

Well then, no reason you would be wrong then. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, $99 using my own equipment plus the cost of Internet or,,,, Dish Flex Pack plus one add on for $80 (all in) using their equipment? Not to mention an in-house DVR that works even if you've lost signal or if the Internet is down, something Apple can't do. Gee, that's a tough one. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, $99 using my own equipment plus the cost of Internet or,,,, Dish Flex Pack plus one add on for $80 (all in) using their equipment? Not to mention an in-house DVR that works even if you've lost signal or if the Internet is down, something Apple can't do. Gee, that's a tough one. :rolleyes:
To be fair, one of those is a yearly payment, one is a monthly.

It is not really apples to apples if cost is your concern.

Reactions: ncted
Hmmm, $99 using my own equipment plus the cost of Internet or,,,
If you have internet now with Dish, what is the big deal then, you are paying for anyways.

And the internet is used for so much more then streaming, it is now a requirement for our daily lives.
, Dish Flex Pack plus one add on for $80 (all in) using their equipment?
Or you can get the majority of content from that Flex Pack, streaming exclusive shows, 4K, tons more movies and shows, live feeds in 1080P, commercial free, etc, etc

Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+-$25
Peacock-$11
Paramount+ w/Showtime-$12
AMC+-$8
HBOMAX-$20

That is $4 less then your Flex Pack, which I doubt has HBO/Showtime.
Not to mention an in-house DVR that works even if you've lost signal or if the Internet is down, something Apple can't do. Gee, that's a tough one. :rolleyes:
Extremely rare for it to go out here, even had two hurricanes last year, stayed up.

Yeah, I'd definitely choose the option where I get to choose which equipment I get to use.

If you have internet now with Dish, what is the big deal then, you are paying for anyways.

And the internet is used for so much more then streaming, it is now a requirement for our daily lives.

Or you can get the majority of content from that Flex Pack, streaming exclusive shows, 4K, tons more movies and shows, live feeds in 1080P, commercial free, etc, etc

Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+-$25
Peacock-$11
Paramount+ w/Showtime-$12
AMC+-$8
HBOMAX-$20

That is $4 less then your Flex Pack, which I doubt has HBO/Showtime.

Extremely rare for it to go out here, even had two hurricanes last year, stayed up.
Not only that but these are all ad-free with some 4K. You won't get this on Dish Flex.