Applied Instruments Introduces new AI Turbo S2 Meter!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am not a professional installer but still want to buy this one. I had purchased the super buddy 29 from ebay but the person took me for a ride and took my 475 and didn't send me anything.

Hope you got a refund from Ebay.
RT.

No. Didn't. I've tried all angels to get my refund back. I think this is a lost cause. Paypal wouldn't help any more as its over 45 days and case was closed. The seller isin't fun to communicate with. Besides filing a police claim at this point. I don't think I have options. Sad but true.

Was wondering if someone has received the Turbo S2? I am really interested in purchasing it as a hobby.

Here are more specific details about what the AI Turbo S2 satellite meter adds to the Super Buddy 29's capability:

Proudly introducing the new AI Turbo S2 satellite meter!

AI_Turbo_S2_DVB-S2_Satellite_Meter.jpg

The AI Turbo S2 satellite meter has all the great features of the Super Buddy 29 and more. Continuing the Super Buddy legacy, the AI Turbo S2 is compatible with all signal types from Dish Network, Bell TV, Shaw Direct, and more. Owners of Super Buddy meters will migrate to the new meter with ease and feel right at home; the menu style and operation is very similar.

Although it uses different hardware, the AI Turbo S2 is an evolution of the Super Buddy 29. Because the Super Buddy 29 is still a great meter and still meets many users’ needs, we will continue to manufacture it. However, the AI Turbo S2 meter adds:

• compatibility with DVB-S2 broadcast signals (QPSK & 8PSK)
  • a high capacity lithium-ion battery that’s easily replaceable
  • faster signal locking and faster overall operation
  • enhanced spectrum screen with better resolution
  • constellation screen for DVB-S2 broadcast signals (QPSK & 8PSK)
  • faster software downloads and uploads
  • 250-750 MHz tuning range for satellite signals (used in some band-stacking systems)
  • saving of spectrum plots for later upload and viewing on a PC
  • 4 kHz tuning resolution (i.e. can tune to 12001.528 MHz instead of to 12002 MHz)
  • built-in time & date clock
  • time stamps on Proof of Performance Scan and Limit Scan results
  • more flash memory for storing saved Proof of Performance Scans, Limit Scans, Spectrum Scans, etc.
  • more precise battery level & battery charge status monitoring
  • many other small refinements

New features added for DIRECTV applications:
  • SWM LNB and SWM module control allows selection of individual transponders from all related sats
  • multi-sat display screen for DIRECTV SWM helps to peak the dish
  • test of SWM module and SWM LNB to determine which SWM channels are in use
  • able to tune to DIRECTV B-band signals without the use of a B-band converter
  • able to display estimated signal quality for DIRECTV 99 & 103 Ka band

The model AI Turbo S2 DVB-S2 satellite identification meter is compatible with (can demodulate and lock onto) signal types DVB-S (QPSK), DSS / DIRECTV legacy (QPSK), Digicipher 2 (QPSK), Turbo coded (QPSK & 8PSK), and DVB-S2 (QPSK & 8PSK) signals.

If you have any questions, please call or email us!
Phone: 317-782-4331
Email: info@appliedin.com

If you email, please include your full name, geographic area, telephone number, address (if applicable), a description of your intended application (i.e. C-Band, Ku Band, Ka Band, X Band, L Band, Dish Network, DIRECTV, Shaw Direct, Bell TV, VSAT, FTA, SNG, etc.) and your questions.

The AI Turbo S2 meter is now in production and we’re fulfilling orders quickly. Our present lead time is 1 week or less. A full list of our North American resellers can be found at: Applied Instruments - How to Buy, North America

Last edited:
Here are more specific details about what the AI Turbo S2 satellite meter adds to the Super Buddy 29's capability:

Proudly introducing the new AI Turbo S2 satellite meter!

View attachment 74896

The AI Turbo S2 satellite meter has all the great features of the Super Buddy 29 and more. Continuing the Super Buddy legacy, the AI Turbo S2 is compatible with all signal types from Dish Network, Bell TV, Shaw Direct, and more. Owners of Super Buddy meters will migrate to the new meter with ease and feel right at home; the menu style and operation is very similar.

Although it uses different hardware, the AI Turbo S2 is an evolution of the Super Buddy 29. Because the Super Buddy 29 is still a great meter and still meets many users’ needs, we will continue to manufacture it. However, the AI Turbo S2 meter adds:

• compatibility with DVB-S2 broadcast signals (QPSK & 8PSK)
  • a high capacity lithium-ion battery that’s easily replaceable
  • faster signal locking and faster overall operation
  • enhanced spectrum screen with better resolution
  • constellation screen for DVB-S2 broadcast signals (QPSK & 8PSK)
  • faster software downloads and uploads
  • 250-750 MHz tuning range for satellite signals (used in some band-stacking systems)
  • saving of spectrum plots for later upload and viewing on a PC
  • 4 kHz tuning resolution (i.e. can tune to 12001.528 MHz instead of to 12002 MHz)
  • built-in time & date clock
  • time stamps on Proof of Performance Scan and Limit Scan results
  • more flash memory for storing saved Proof of Performance Scans, Limit Scans, Spectrum Scans, etc.
  • more precise battery level & battery charge status monitoring
  • many other small refinements

New features added for DIRECTV applications:
  • SWM LNB and SWM module control allows selection of individual transponders from all related sats
  • multi-sat display screen for DIRECTV SWM helps to peak the dish
  • test of SWM module and SWM LNB to determine which SWM channels are in use
  • able to tune to DIRECTV B-band signals without the use of a B-band converter
  • able to display estimated signal quality for DIRECTV 99 & 103 Ka band

The model AI Turbo S2 DVB-S2 satellite identification meter is compatible with (can demodulate and lock onto) signal types DVB-S (QPSK), DSS / DIRECTV legacy (QPSK), Digicipher 2 (QPSK), Turbo coded (QPSK & 8PSK), and DVB-S2 (QPSK & 8PSK) signals.

If you have any questions, please call or email us!
Phone: 317-782-4331
Email: info@appliedin.com

If you email, please include your full name, geographic area, telephone number, address (if applicable), a description of your intended application (i.e. C-Band, Ku Band, Ka Band, X Band, L Band, Dish Network, DIRECTV, Shaw Direct, Bell TV, VSAT, FTA, SNG, etc.) and your questions.

The AI Turbo S2 meter is now in production and we’re fulfilling orders quickly. Our present lead time is 1 week or less. A full list of our North American resellers can be found at: Applied Instruments - How to Buy, North America

(4 kHz tuning resolution (i.e. can tune to 12001.528 MHz instead of to 12002 MHz)
Is this an increase or decrease in performance? Please, explain.

Is this an increase or decrease in performance? Please, explain.

Babadem,

The 4 kHz tuning resolution is an increase in performance over the 1 MHz tuning resolution. Being able to tune to 12001.528 MHz instead of to 12002 MHz can be nice if you're tuning to a narrow carrier whose true center frequency is right in between, for example 12001 MHz & 12002 MHz. Just for the sake of locking on the carrier, this feature wouldn't be absolutely necessary for a 20 MHz or 30 MHz wide carrier, but it's useful when tuning to some narrow carriers and when tuning to the correct transponder frequency to measure frequency deviation and LNB LO drift.

Babadem,

The 4 kHz tuning resolution is an increase in performance over the 1 MHz tuning resolution. Being able to tune to 12001.528 MHz instead of to 12002 MHz can be nice if you're tuning to a narrow carrier whose true center frequency is right in between, for example 12001 MHz & 12002 MHz. Just for the sake of locking on the carrier, this feature wouldn't be absolutely necessary for a 20 MHz or 30 MHz wide carrier, but it's useful when tuning to some narrow carriers and when tuning to the correct transponder frequency to measure frequency deviation and LNB LO drift.

Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts