April DirecTv Newsletter

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks, don. i just ordered one of those converters. i wonder if this means i can use it on my h10 and make it mpeg4 conpatible? anybody know?

i checked the fine print, but i guess you would know better than me!

but both my h20 and hr20 had the converters in the box. guess, it never hurts to have an extra, eh?

I don't understand -- what is this BBC all about? And why would anyone possibly need it? (Sorry if I've missed a discussion here or there.)

its a filter which allows you to view mpeg4 hd broadcasts on either the h20 or hr20!! both of mine came with the filters in the box. but evidently not everybody has the filter. if you have either and/or both of those units, without filters......you can request from d*!

the main confusion lies with D* (sort of)...

Initial 1st runs of the BBC's were faulty, so many installers didn't put them on, as they weren't even needed yet.

Now, they're needed (or, at least they'll be needed soon). So, slap em' on! :)

Did anyone else notice that they got the pics backwards from the model #'s above them? Oops!

thanks, don. i just ordered one of those converters. i wonder if this means i can use it on my h10 and make it mpeg4 conpatible? anybody know?

They are only for the H20 and HR20. They will convert the B-Band Ka LNB output (250-750 MHz) to A-Band (1650-2150 MHz) for use with the Directv 10 and 11 satellites. They come with the receivers, but since they aren't yet required it seems that some installers aren't giving them to the customers or the customers are losing them, hence the link to an order page. They won't do any magic for a H10 or other models.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)