April fools: Voom Shutdown Ordered

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Cablevision orders shutdown?

AFD: Cablevision board orders VOOM closed, despite 'family feud' and purchase
possibilities.
April 1, 2005: 6:66 AM EST

Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC) Chairman Charles Dolan, announced today that VOOM, his pet project HD service, will shut down immediately. "It was a tough fight, but I just cannot see a way to keep it open", he announced, at an overnight press conference, "But I plan to run it for myself only, using the Rainbow-2 technology", alluding to the Installers, Inc movement of his home dish to the 72 degree slot. "I can continue to VOOM, heck, everyone can come over for a party".

It was also announced that Mr. Dolan would add 372 more high def (HD) channels to his new service, dubbed 'Personal VOOM' or P-VOOM.

Analysts are speculating that the P-VOOM will survive and prosper with 1 subscriber.

APRINET - The place to be for April New Releases.

I heard a rumor that James Dolan asked his father's permission to subscribe to P-VOOM and his father told him that he isn't allowed to.

:D

In another article,

Richard Ramsfield said, "it was a long battle for Chuck. Now all the investors and the VOOM doomsayers can go and give it a rest. I assume that it will take him about a $1 Billion for this new enterprise but I will bet that it will make it unlike the so call VOOM under Cablevision. Let me say that the only reason for my negativity was because I had a lot of money invested on Cablevision and did not want that to go to waste." He further noted, "Now, I am looking forward to sign up with VOOM. I have become a member of satguys and have an installation date for this coming Monday. Hopefully, the install won't be like some that go to satguys and don't care about their jobs. Hopefully I get TYORK. She seems to know what is going on."

Alto101 said:
I heard a rumor that James Dolan asked his father's permission to subscribe to P-VOOM and his father told him that he isn't allowed to.

Actually, dad's response was, "Sure you can have P-VOOM, but you can only watch the channels that have your losing teams playing on them."

Alto101 said:

Chuck said..."well son, you can watch my P-Voom, but it will cost you
$400 million to subscribe..."

Microsoft is going to buy voom and continue the DBS service....

laughing-smiley-018.gif
laughing-smiley-018.gif
smiley-linie-011.gif
laughing-smiley-018.gif
laughing-smiley-018.gif

I had a scare this morning. I turned on my VOOm and not one channel came in. All channels said "No satellite signal." Sky's are blue and sunny here. I reall paniced. I called VOOM and reported it. I guess I was in such a panic I forget even to try to do a re-boot which worked. Shewwww. That was close.

Actually, I did hear that the DivineHD channel is doing so well that they are about to launch a second gay channel called "Fruit-of-the-Voom". :rainbow :rainbow :rainbow :rainbow

(This is the April Fools joke thread, isn't it?)

1080iBeVuMin said:
Actually, I did hear that the DivineHD channel is doing so well that they are about to launch a second gay channel called "Fruit-of-the-Voom". :rainbow :rainbow :rainbow :rainbow

That's odd, I actually heard it was a Lesbian Only channel called "Fruit-of-the-Womb" :haha

1080iBeVuMin said:

Now thats funny!......Git er' done!

Alto101 said:

HA HA HA - Exactly.
Then James was ordered to his room for a time out.

In all reality my Voom was on this morning and hopefully will remain on!
If we make it through this I am upgrading to VA VA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts