Aquiring Satellite Message

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Hello,

The last 2-3 days that I have turned on my receiver, I get an Attention "Aquiring Satellite Message" and it goes through 5 progressions. When that is done it then downloads guide information then finally connects.

Does anyone know why this is happening? This didn't happen at all the first week that I had Dish(which was last week) but it continues to happen the last few days.

skiz77 said:
Hello,

The last 2-3 days that I have turned on my receiver, I get an Attention "Aquiring Satellite Message" and it goes through 5 progressions. When that is done it then downloads guide information then finally connects.

Does anyone know why this is happening? This didn't happen at all the first week that I had Dish(which was last week) but it continues to happen the last few days.

Exactly same thing going on with my system. It never happened previously. I had dish for the past few months. This week I am getting same message, and couple of times I had to shutdown everything and restart to get the signal and guide download. I checked for any loose connections but I could not find any. Regarding dish movement, I am not sure how to test that. But it was installed by a professional, and he used concrete to put the pole. So I doubt any movement on the pole itself.

satvad said:
Exactly same thing going on with my system. It never happened previously. I had dish for the past few months. This week I am getting same message, and couple of times I had to shutdown everything and restart to get the signal and guide download. I checked for any loose connections but I could not find any. Regarding dish movement, I am not sure how to test that. But it was installed by a professional, and he used concrete to put the pole. So I doubt any movement on the pole itself.
What model do you have? What are your signal strengths on transponder 11 & 12 on 110 &119. :)

Same thing happened to my 510 2-3 nights ago. Never happened before to me either. The screen also had 2 sets of numbers under the "Seeking Satellite" header - I think my smart card # was one, not sure about the second. Power button reset made things right (AFAIK).

I have Dish 500 with 522 receiver. My signal strength is 124 out of 125 on 119 West and 105 out of 125 on 110 West. The 105 doesn't sound too great.

When I started getting that message every once in a while and a couple months ago it started getting worse. Instead of every few weeks, it turned into every few days. I got a new LNB and I have not seen that message since.

boba said:
What model do you have? What are your signal strengths on transponder 11 & 12 on 110 &119. :)
I have superdish and the receiver is 522. I only subscribe to international. here is the detail summary of check switch.
Satellite Input 1

Switch Status: Connected to a DP34 with 3 inputs
Port1 DP-Dual 110 Even, Odd
Port 2 DP Feed 119 Even, Odd
Port 3 DP Feed 121 Even, odd

Satellite Input 2
Non Dispro LNB on DP34 Port1
Non Dishpro LNB on DB34 Port2

Switch Status: Connected to a DP34 with 3 inputs
Port1 DP-Dual 110 Even, Odd

Port2 DP Feed Good Connection, No Signal
Port3 DP FeedGood Connection, No Signal

Another thing is when acquiring satellite signal it only shows for transponder 6 probably because of my subscription to international only.

Acquiring Satellite signal

Satellite 121
Transponder 6

I am not sure why it show for satellite input 2, non dishpro lnb on port 1 and port 2?. Does it mean one of the lnbs are bad?

Sounds like some bad connectors or wires. You could also try another port on the switch as I have had a bad DP-34 go bad on the [To Receiver Satellite In] ports. You may even want to bypass the switch and connect each satellite individually to the second tuner or swap the wires and see if the same thing happens on tuner 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts