Aquiring signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I installed a sportser 4 a month ago. No matter where I was my signal was always maxed out. Over that time period signal strenght has been going down, and finally started going away all together. I now only show one bar for signal strength when I have a signal. The rest of the time it just shows aquiring signal. Another funny thing happened. Sitting in my work place parking lot I noticed I had two bars, with the third going in and out. I unplugged the antenna just to check the plug condition, and my signal strength stayed the same. I left it like that and it stayed good for about 15 minutes. I live about 35 miles south of Little Rock and also have noticed the further away from Little Rock the worse the signal is. My wife has an older srortster that I installed in her car two years ago and it works just great. I am wondering if this is an issue with the sportster 4 model.

Sounds like you have a bad connection to your dock. Could also be a bad antenna, try switching antennas with your wife to confirm or eliminate the antenna.

I put my unit in her dock.......................:D anyway, same results. I took it back to Circuit City and swapped it out. I have been doing some checking and that issue is not uncommen for this particular model. If it happens again I'll choose a different model. Gotta keep Sirius for NASCAR. Thanks for the reply.

I received a Sportster model for Christmas last year. I worked great for about 3 weeks. For the last 5 weeks, I mostly get the "Acquiring Signal" message. Occasionally, I get reception for a few hours or minutes. When I do get reception, the signal is strong and sounds great. I have talked to Sirius and they have given me credit for the missed days, but no help on why the problem. They did mention problems with their repeaters, but no encouragement as to when they would be fixed.

I'm sure it's an equipment problem. My new one is working great as far as the signal goes. My song seek function is a bit squirlly though. When a song is found that I have saved in memory, the alert just shows the channel and channel name, not the song title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts