AR9 dish question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
Glendale, AZ
I had an AT9 dish professionally installed recently, but I had to relocate it. When the dish was first installed, it showed a signal strength of 77 for the 101 satellite and it now shows a 74. I was told that the dish position was critical with the new satellites coming on line and I am now somewhat worried because I do not have the fancy equipment that the installers have to determine the correct positioning of the dish. I guess my question is - do I need to worry about getting a stronger signal or am I ok where it is at? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
If you are using an H-20 reciever in conjuction with you AT-9 dish, don't worry about it too much. The H-20 is known to show lower signal values than other receivers. I have 2 H-20s showing 70 and an H-10 showing 90 and an HD-HTL also showing 90 . They are all connected to to the same AT-9 dish. I'm too lazy right now to go get readings off the other 4 receivers, but if I remember correctly they are in the 90s.However you should check your other sats as well.

Yes, I should have indicated that I have two of the H-20 receivers. I did some tweaking and the signal is now up to 77 for the 101. I guess I will have to wait until the other two sats (99 and 103) are functional before I can check the signal of those. Thanks for the help.

I just checked those as well and they are in the high 60s. That seems like a low reading, but the 101 reading seems to be fairly decent and is showing the same level as when the installer checked it. I guess I won't get too worried about it as I am receiving all the channels that I am supposed to.

D* seems very adamant about following the alignment procedure on the AT9 to avoid future degradation from neighboring Ka satellites. Following the procedure also results in the maximum signal you can get so why not have the antenna peaked by someone who can do it properly?
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)