arc set

Status
Please reply by conversation.
norsat 4506

I am also using this lnb on my ten foot dish. I always get good signal and quality, signal doesnt drift. Its worth the money.

Hi mmewrench,
I am running 2 cables into the house from the bsc621-2d.
There is NO internal Diseqc switch in the Bsc621-2d. My switch
is inside the house next to the Pansat 2800.
This is the same setup I had before the tree destroyed my dish.
It worked fine with Norsat LNBs.

I stand corrected

Hi mmewrench,
I am running 2 cables into the house from the bsc621-2d.
There is NO internal Diseqc switch in the Bsc621-2d. My switch
is inside the house next to the Pansat 2800.
This is the same setup I had before the tree destroyed my dish.
It worked fine with Norsat LNBs.

I just looked up the bsc 621-2d and you are right. The original 621 had a built in switch you could use it or bypass it. I assumed that that had not changed. either way,I realised after posting, that you are able to get analog c band at 135 w. so your c band lnb is working working with your analog receiver but aparently its not working with your pansat. What type of switch are you using.

Hi mmewrench,
I hope this is the correct info as it's been years since I installed it.

Pansat 4x1 Diseqc switch super mini

I got this from Skyvision in 2007

Hi mmewrench,
I think but not sure, only the Pansat 2800 is connected to the diseqc switch.
It should control the c-band and the KU. The Uniden sq530 is only used
to push the dish.
I hate to mess with those wires trying to verify what I am telling you
because I have no one to help me get them back if messed up.
The configuration on the wires has not been changed since the tree incident.
It was working fine with the same setup for C an KU.
Of course I had Norsat LNBs then. Not this bsc621-2d piece of junk.

Hi MMewrench,
To the best of my knowledge the Pansat 2800a does NOT do analog.
I have to turn on the Uniden sq530 to see an analog picture on the TV.

Hi MMewrench,
To the best of my knowledge the Pansat 2800a does NOT do analog.
I have to turn on the Uniden sq530 to see an analog picture on the TV.

That is why you cant receive c band. The cband lnb must be connected to the pansat. I dont think you will be able to have two C band receivers working with only a pansat mini discqe switch. with my receivers and dish, I have splitters wired in with only one side power passing in addition to my mini switches. My dsr 920 will position the dish and power the lnbs. Of course I am using norsat lnbs with a coroter. You would have to power the lnbf (bsc 621 is a lnbf) with the pansat because your lnbf changes polarity by changing voltage. I have a feeling, that your wiring is wrong and that is why it is not working for c band. Without disconnecting anything, look to see If you have a satellite splitter in addition to the switch (you would need two if you wanted both c band and ku band on both receivers, as well as two 2X1 switches.

Hi mmewrench,
I must not have explained my setup very well so I will try again.

Back before the tree episode the Pansat 2800 picked up C/KU band
signals with the same diseqc switch I have now. I then had Norsat
C and KU LNBs. I have not changed any of the wiring. Only the LNBs
out on the dish which is the bsc621-2d.
The Uniden is only used as a pusher. Under these circumstances I
use the Uniden to find analog signals to help me align the dish.
That's all. When everything is working I never use the Uniden. It's only
purpose is to position the dish.

Hi mmewrench,
I must not have explained my setup very well so I will try again.

Back before the tree episode the Pansat 2800 picked up C/KU band
signals with the same diseqc switch I have now. I then had Norsat
C and KU LNBs. I have not changed any of the wiring. Only the LNBs
out on the dish which is the bsc621-2d.
The Uniden is only used as a pusher. Under these circumstances I
use the Uniden to find analog signals to help me align the dish.
That's all. When everything is working I never use the Uniden. It's only
purpose is to position the dish.

well you may have a problem in your switch settings with the pansat, because you are able to receive analog on amc 10 which is c band. If you are able to receive ku band throughout the arc, then your dish is aimed correctly. As I said before you have switched from an lnb to an lnbf. The lnbf uses dc voltage from the receiver to switch polarity. The lnb you replaced, uses the polorotor in the feedhorn to change polarity. You should be able to receive two analog channels on that satellite (QVC US on transponder 9 and HSN on transponder 10). If you only receive one of them you have a problem in the receiver settings. My dsr 920 which is powering the lnb has a differant setting for lnbf. Your uniden receiver msy have that option. I am not familiar with your menu so I cant tell you how to check this. Check to see if you do receive both of these analog channels.

Hi mmewrench,
My understanding of C-band is there are two C-bands. 1. being Analog
and 2. being Digital.
If this is correct then I can get on G12 133W analog, the odd channels 5, 11, 17 but the even channel 12 gives wavy lines.
On Amc 10 135W analog I can get 10 with a big black rectangle in the middle of it and 9 comes in with wavy lines.
I have NEVER been able to get KU or C-band digital.

Here are my Pansat 2800 settings:
sat g12c
degree 135w
lnb 5150
symbol range full
Polarity all
scan fta & scramble
down freq 3820
symbole rate 29270
22khz off
diseqc off

Today I gave up on the Bsc621-2d lnb and have temporarily put on a 20+ year
Chaparral C-band feedhorn and the Norsat 8515 c-band digital lnb.
Still got no C-band digital signals. Maybe more adjustment is necessary
or the old feedhorn could be the problem. I sure hate to buy the Chaparral
Corotor ll plus and still not be able to get C-band digital.

That is why you cant receive c band. The cband lnb must be connected to the pansat. I dont think you will be able to have two C band receivers working with only a pansat mini discqe switch. with my receivers and dish, I have splitters wired in with only one side power passing in addition to my mini switches. My dsr 920 will position the dish and power the lnbs. Of course I am using norsat lnbs with a coroter. You would have to power the lnbf (bsc 621 is a lnbf) with the pansat because your lnbf changes polarity by changing voltage. I have a feeling, that your wiring is wrong and that is why it is not working for c band. Without disconnecting anything, look to see If you have a satellite splitter in addition to the switch (you would need two if you wanted both c band and ku band on both receivers, as well as two 2X1 switches.

well you may have a problem in your switch settings with the pansat, because you are able to receive analog on amc 10 which is c band. If you are able to receive ku band throughout the arc, then your dish is aimed correctly. As I said before you have switched from an lnb to an lnbf. The lnbf uses dc voltage from the receiver to switch polarity. The lnb you replaced, uses the polorotor in the feedhorn to change polarity. You should be able to receive two analog channels on that satellite (QVC US on transponder 9 and HSN on transponder 10). If you only receive one of them you have a problem in the receiver settings. My dsr 920 which is powering the lnb has a differant setting for lnbf. Your uniden receiver msy have that option. I am not familiar with your menu so I cant tell you how to check this. Check to see if you do receive both of these analog channels.

Hi mmewrench,
My understanding of C-band is there are two C-bands. 1. being Analog
and 2. being Digital.
If this is correct then I can get on G12 133W analog, the odd channels 5, 11, 17 but the even channel 12 gives wavy lines.
On Amc 10 135W analog I can get 10 with a big black rectangle in the middle of it and 9 comes in with wavy lines.
I have NEVER been able to get KU or C-band digital.

Here are my Pansat 2800 settings:
sat g12c
degree 135w
lnb 5150
symbol range full
Polarity all
scan fta & scramble
down freq 3820
symbole rate 29270
22khz off
diseqc off

Today I gave up on the Bsc621-2d lnb and have temporarily put on a 20+ year
Chaparral C-band feedhorn and the Norsat 8515 c-band digital lnb.
Still got no C-band digital signals. Maybe more adjustment is necessary
or the old feedhorn could be the problem. I sure hate to buy the Chaparral
Corotor ll plus and still not be able to get C-band digital.

This whole discussion is getting so confused that I'm not sure what to say, however if I understand that you are able to receive Classic Arts on G12 ch-5, then you should be able to receive the digital version listed in Lyngsat on the same transponder. In the Pansat parameters listed above, it lists it's default transponder as being 3820/29270. I would suggest deleting this transponder, because it is a Digicipher transponder that you cannot receive on the Pansat. It can be received on a DCII receiver like the 4DTV, but not on a DVB receiver like the Pansat. With the BSC621, you'll have to have the Pansat controlling polarity (via voltage), so it will also have to be connected directly to the LNBF, and also if going through a diseqC switch, the only your Pansat can control that too. Now that you're using a Corotor and Norsat, you'll probably have to have the Uniden control polarity (some Pansat receivers can control a polarotor, but I don't know if your Pansat is one of them, and I'm not sure if you have hooked up the polarotor wires to it if it is). One potential issue with the Norsat LNB though is that LNBs like that are generally designed to run at 18V, and the 13V the Pansat sends out when set on a vertical transponder may be on the edge where it doesn't perform quite as well.
But anyway, there are a whole new set of questions now, relative to how you're controlling polarity, and how you are looking for digital signals (since it appears that you are trying to lock a DCII transponder on a DVB receiver).
Basically things are changing so fast relative to the setup that I'm not sure I understand what's being tried. But I'd suggest getting your Uniden to where it is receiving Classic Arts, then switch to the Pansat, and manually enter that
3816H transponder with an SR of 3000 into your Pansat, and see if you can lock that, and if so, then try to do a transponder scan on that transponder alone.

Progress, I am now getting C-band Digital. Wiffie had me remove a VCR from
the setup and someone managed to put the wires back incorrectly.:D

So the fault is not with the BSC621-2d. I will take the Norsat/chaparral feedhorn off and put the BSC621-2d back on and try again.

I was able to get the classic arts on Analog and C-band Digital.

Give me a couple of days to tinker with it but I think I am over the hump.

I want to say how much I appreciate all the help I have been getting.
You all must have a lot of patience dealing with amateurs like me.
Without you I would have no more FTA TV.

Progress, I am now getting C-band Digital. Wiffie had me remove a VCR from
the setup and someone managed to put the wires back incorrectly.:D

So the fault is not with the BSC621-2d. I will take the Norsat/chaparral feedhorn off and put the BSC621-2d back on and try again.

I was able to get the classic arts on Analog and C-band Digital.

Give me a couple of days to tinker with it but I think I am over the hump.

I want to say how much I appreciate all the help I have been getting.
You all must have a lot of patience dealing with amateurs like me.
Without you I would have no more FTA TV.

Good to hear Shankle!Glad to see that im not the only one that makes OE's(operator errors).

Thanks for the encouragement Stanleyjohn,

Today I took off the Norsat 8515 and reinstalled the bsc621-2d to see if it would
work now that the wiring is correct.:D
Only c-band analog I could get was "Shop NBC" and that came on where
AMC 10 was supposed to be. I could get no C-band digital.
Is it possible that the C-band digital that I am trying to pick up on AMC 10,
G12 and G16 are circular? I don't know how to determine this on Lyngsat.
Haven't even attempted KU.

Will try some more tweeking.

Today I took off the Norsat 8515 and reinstalled the bsc621-2d to see if it would
Haven't even attempted KU.

Will try some more tweeking.

None of the c band satellites visible to you are circular. Im sure your problem is due to wiring, because you did receive digital c band with your old feedhorn and a norsat lnb. BJ is right when he says this thread is becoming confusing, so its time to slow down and start from the beginning. The first thing we need to do is find put how you are wired. The best thing for you to do is draw a diagram of your setup between both receivers and your LNBF, include all switches and splitters or any other boxes that are wired in. That will give me and anyone else who wants to help, an idea what you are dealing with.

As per other response, no, not circular. On Lyngsat, circular transponders are labeled as being "L" or "R" instead of "H" or "V" .

If all you did was exchange the 8515 with the 621, then the most likely cause of your issues now are that you're stuck on horizontal polarity. How are you controlling polarity now?

Ok, I now understand the coding for circular versu linear on Lyngsat.

The bsc621-2d has no switch in the unit. My switch, as I understand it,
is the diseqc switch in by the Pansat 2800.

I'm not going to hassle the bsc621-2d any more. I'll install the Norsat 8515
c-band again with the old Chaparral feedhorn I have and watch digital C-band.
No KU band. Then I will scrounge around for some old mesh dishes that are
C/KU and see if I can use the feedhorn. Otherwise wait for a reasonably
priced used Chaparral corotor ll PLus. Get a Norsat KU lnb and I should be in business.
The only thing that bothers me is the ".db" rating of the LNB.
There are dozens. Very confusing for me. I had a ".6db" 4506a before
the tree incident.

I will try to sell the bsc621-2d.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)