Are 4DTV Receivers still in Demand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can anyone tell me the menu location and/or the remote button pushing sequence to bring the Unit ID# up on the tv screen?

Buddy of mine has one of these (think it's a 920 or 922 but haven't seen it yet) he is going to sell on eeeBay if the battery is still good, but don't know how to verify the Unit ID, and I couldn't bring up that info in a search, thanks.

So if under the "System Status, item A: Unit ID" shows an ID, does that mean that the battery is still good? I'm just not clear if a bad battery means there wouldn't be anything listed next to ID, or if it means it would list something that just isn't valid. I have an old 920 unit, and it does show a combination of letters and numbers there. I'd like to try and sell the unit while there seems to be some renewed interest.

So if under the "System Status, item A: Unit ID" shows an ID, does that mean that the battery is still good? I'm just not clear if a bad battery means there wouldn't be anything listed next to ID, or if it means it would list something that just isn't valid. I have an old 920 unit, and it does show a combination of letters and numbers there. I'd like to try and sell the unit while there seems to be some renewed interest.

aaronkn, I am not positive but I think I have heard that it is possible for the unit to display an invalid ID after the battery croaks, hopefully someone can verify that one way or the other.

To be sure you need to compare the number displayed, to the number on the back of your receiver, if they are the same it's good (at that moment at least).

phlatwound, thanks for the response. I'll look on the back of the received tonight. If they're not the same, then I'm guessing this thing will be worth very little on the ole auction block.

There's still TONS of 4DTV info archived on this forum (except the stuff I was searching for :D ), and anyone can post about them if they want still AFAIK. ;)
All of the 4DTV posts were moved into the C Band forum. (And I do mean ALL... even the posts which I removed out of view due to legal reasons were returned to the C Band forum once the legal rumblings went away.) :)

According to the repair people I talked to in NC if the receiver number in that screen matches the receiver number on the back of the receiver then the ID is good. I think you can contact the programming people who still subscribe and they can check it.

And to think that GOOGLE is in the process of buying this division for their patents...

Back on topic, I will repeat what has been said already, if the unit ID on screen matches the label printed on the back, it should sell well. If no match, it still makes a good positioner.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

It seems that everyone says the Unit ID on screen should match what is on the back of the receiver to verify the battery is still good. However, the number on the back of my receiver matches Item B: Receiver Number on my status menu, not the Unit ID number. Does this mean my receiver is still good, or bad? Thanks.
Picture 028.jpg4dtv pics.JPG

Yup, it's still good, however you really need to verify the battery voltage & year of installation by opening up the top. Check the battery carefully so as not to short it. If below 3.2v consider a new lithium battery mandatory. Me, I'd replace the battery just for general principle for insurance & peace of mind.

And to think that GOOGLE is in the process of buying this division for their patents...

Back on topic, I will repeat what has been said already, if the unit ID on screen matches the label printed on the back, it should sell well. If no match, it still makes a good positioner.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys
That comment may be totally on topic.

When is the last time a broadcaster added a new Digicipher 2 mux? All new muxes are DVB-S2. 4dtv and combo mode DC2 are going the way of Videocypher and analog feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)