Are Down loads needed for Pansat FTA Receiver to work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

franks

Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Hello: I am new to FTA. I recently purchased a Pansat6000hxc. The Manual is no help for the beginer.

My questions :

Is it necessary to down load programs from the manufacture, inorder for the receiver to work ??? or is the receiver plug and go?

If the program down loads aren't needed to receive FTA, what are the program down loads for?

Thanks,
Franks

in case they fix problems in the software, you can get the latest from their website and install it. If you aren't experiencing problems, you should be fine.

or if you bought a used receiver and the previous owner loaded illegal software on it, to recover it back to factory software.

factory software shuld be fine. Although on the Pansat 6000 you might want to load the newest facotry software as they have made some minor changes with it

Pepper: Thanks for your reply. This is new receiver.

What you are saying is: all needed programs have already been installed by Pansat, and unless there are udates or your system loses the installed programs there is no need to download.

So how would one find out that unpadtes or modifications are needed to be installed?

Is it safe to assume that updates are very rare if they happen at all?

Franks

What you are saying is: all needed programs have already been installed by Pansat, and unless there are udates or your system loses the installed programs there is no need to download.
what kind of channels are you looking to pick up?
The software in the box will work fine as is

So how would one find out that unpadtes or modifications are needed to be installed?
its one software file that overrides the existing.

Is it safe to assume that updates are very rare if they happen at all?

Franks

My Pansat 1500 hasnt had an update in 18 months :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)