are DP separators compatible with a DP34 switch??

redeye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Just replaced my 721 with a 622, but didn't want the HD package (for now), so left original dish: superdish for 119/110/105 & original switch: DP34. Connected the new 622 (in single mode) to one of the cables (that used to feed the 721) with the DP separator provided in the box. seemed to work fine, but when I tried using 2nd tuner (like PIP & swap), it says error in switch - run check switch. I do & it says input 1 sees 3 sat's but has reception error & input 2 only sees one sat. When I direct connect the 622 with both original feed cables & no separator, it works fine. Also have a 522 & did some testing with it with similar results. Do separators go bad mid-stream, or is it a compatibility issue, or something else?? thanks for any help...John

Separators are *only* to be used with DP+ tech (LNBs and switches). In the case of your DP34, you will need to have both cables connected to inputs 1 and 2; much like you did with the 721 receiver.

Nope.
The installers even took them away (evidently they come in the box with dual-tuner DPP receivers).
That's when it occurred to me that the DP34 is not a DPP switch.
On the bright side, the DP34 lets you use cheap cables. DPP bandstacking (not used on the DP34) requires 2.3 GHz rated cable.

huh?

All DP including DP34 is bandstacked. The "plus" is bandstacking from two different satellites.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys RedEye!!!!!!

I hope we have helped...but sorry the DPP Sep. will not work with a DP34.

sorry, wrong again :)

standard DP stacks the even transponders from the same satellite above the odd ones.

DP Plus stacks any two sets of transponders from any of the available satellites.

The DP34 can stack two satellites on a single wire. The difference is that DPP stacks roughly twice as much as DP.

No.

DishPro refers to the stacking of both polarities from one satellite onto the cable at the same time. It eliminates having to switch between 14/18 volts and reduces the number of cables needed for switches, etc. Individual coax runs will still only ever have one satellite present at any point in time.

DishPro Plus takes stacking a bit further and allows a DP+ receiver to tell a DP+ switch which satellites and which polarities to send down the wire. There is no greater bandwidth on DP+ than there is on DP. You can have two different satellites coming down the same coax but the receiver dictates which satellites and which polarities are to come down the wire. The equipment receiving this instruction from the receiver must be DP+ as well, otherwise the commands basically fall on deaf ears.

No.

DishPro refers to the stacking of both polarities from one satellite onto the cable at the same time. It eliminates having to switch between 14/18 volts and reduces the number of cables needed for switches, etc. Individual coax runs will still only ever have one satellite present at any point in time.

DishPro Plus takes stacking a bit further and allows a DP+ receiver to tell a DP+ switch which satellites and which polarities to send down the wire. There is no greater bandwidth on DP+ than there is on DP. You can have two different satellites coming down the same coax but the receiver dictates which satellites and which polarities are to come down the wire. The equipment receiving this instruction from the receiver must be DP+ as well, otherwise the commands basically fall on deaf ears.

Wow. This is the first correct explanation of DP+ I've heard in a long time. Congrats Vegas for knowing your stuff. :up DP34 switches require a dedicated sat feed to each available tuner to work properly. Seperators are NOT compatible.

Hmmm. Just upgraded a 501 to a 625. I have two cables in the vicinity coming from my DP34, but I would prefer using that 2nd cable for something else. Is there a DP+ "combiner" that would do the opposite of the separator?

Hmmm. Just upgraded a 501 to a 625. I have two cables in the vicinity coming from my DP34, but I would prefer using that 2nd cable for something else. Is there a DP+ "combiner" that would do the opposite of the separator?

I thought about this, too. He wants a single-cable solution for his dual-tuner receivers so he can use the other cable for another purpose--in my case, for my OTA antenna.
To combine onto one cable requires the horribly expensive DPP44 switch or, potentially, the new DPP33 switch which is supposed to be much cheaper.

I intend to reclaim that second coaxial cable AND have a single-cable solution by getting a DPP33 and separators because I foolishly wired just one coaxial cable to the television in my basement and I want to use the other installed high-quality coaxial cable for my OTA antenna.

Here is more info on that new DPP33 switch:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../78034-first-look-dishpro-plus-33-switch.html

The "DPP combiner" he's asking for is either a DPPTwin LNBF, a Dish1000.2 LNBF cluster, or a DPP44 switch (or a DPP33 switch if it ever becomes available).

I thought about this, too. He wants a single-cable solution for his dual-tuner receivers so he can use the other cable for another purpose--in my case, for my OTA antenna.
To combine onto one cable requires the horribly expensive DPP44 switch or, potentially, the new DPP33 switch which is supposed to be much cheaper.

I intend to reclaim that second coaxial cable AND have a single-cable solution by getting a DPP33 and separators because I foolishly wired just one coaxial cable to the television in my basement and I want to use the other installed high-quality coaxial cable for my OTA antenna.

Here is more info on that new DPP33 switch:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../78034-first-look-dishpro-plus-33-switch.html

The DPP 33 switch is not and apparently won't be available. if at all.

Am I losing my mind, or did this thread get truncated from 10 pages down to 2?
The "DPP combiner" he's asking for is either a DPPTwin LNBF, a Dish1000.2 LNBF cluster, or a DPP44 switch (or a DPP33 switch if it ever becomes available).
Yes! Actually I was thinking there might be a dpp31, or some equivalent combiner that would take two outputs from the dp34.

Do you know if it would be possible to disassemble a dpp twin, perhaps with defective LNBs, and get a dpp33 for cheap before it's released as a separate part? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)