Are DTV and Dish signals still very compressed?

santiclaws

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 12, 2004
I used to have Dish, but for the last three years or so (just noticed my last login date was almost exactly three years ago), I've had cable, and generally been much happier with the PQ.

The main reason I left Dish was that I found the PQ to be atrocious - very noticeably overcompressed, which drove me up the wall. Now, with my cable company (TW) lagging dramatically behind Dish and DTV with respect to choice of HD channels, I'm beginning to give some thought to going back to satellite. But I do not want to go back to the same lousy overcompressed picture.

So the question is, in the last three years or so, has the PQ gotten better, worse, or stayed the same?

Both are compressed, the only reason that I can see having satellite tv would be if your cable provider,1- charged too much, 2- had no HD that you wanted,3- had no HSI, 4- was just plain crap, 5-was not available. Directv may get thier HD launchrd someday, then it may be worth a look. E* has that collection of stations they call VOOM ( which no other provider has bid on since VOOM pulled the plug)I had D* for 8 years when we lived outside D.C., because Media Cable was a total waste of money, and when Cox took over it wasn't any better(although it is getting better now)When we bailed outta the race race and move out to the Shenendoah Valley Mtn area I was surprised to see that the cable company, Adelphia at the time, now Comcast, had far better PQ than either D* or E* 1 sign of that, with out any side by side which I have done, are peoples comments, specially D* subs, about the terrible PQ of TNTHD, while there are some shows, movies that are definatly upscaled (as is the case with any channel) I have watched sporting events and other programing that has been above anything the nationals pump out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)