Are DVB-S2 Signals Weaker ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
are dvb-s2 signals alot weaker than dvb-s ?

will i have a hard time getting them with a 39 incher?

Because of their greater "data density" ( 8 datapoints for 8psk compared with 4 datapoints for Qpsk), and their sometimes higher FEC rates, the DVB-S2 8psk signals are more difficult to acquire than the standard DVB-S qpsk signals. Frequently it only takes a more finely tuned dish, but a larger dish is always better, too. Depending upon where you ARE in Canada ( big place, looks like to me ) , your 39 inch dish may not be adequate . I have a 1M dish in Michigan, and I have no trouble with the Ku DBV-S2 signals that I know of.
:)

Depending upon where you ARE in Canada ( big place, looks like to me ) , your 39 inch dish may not be adequate . I have a 1M dish in Michigan, and I have no trouble with the Ku DBV-S2 signals that I know of.
:)

well im not too far from michigan.....isnt 39 inch and 1M the same ?

huh I have no issues with a 30" here in Minnesota

get LPB, OETA and Montana PBS on 125W just fine....LPB must have changed something because its a decent signal now all day and night. Use to go out at night

I think its narrower now , from 16.666 (the list) to aprox 12.4 SR (LPBS web) so maybe no interference now at night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)