Are FoxNews and Dish Even Talking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does not matter. Broadcast tv is dying a slow death. The programmers and service providers arw grasping at straws to survive. The market will jist keep getting tighter and tighter slowly sinking into non existence. All those little pizza dishes will be collected for scrap and wifi antenna reflectors.

Does not matter. Broadcast tv is dying a slow death. The programmers and service providers arw grasping at straws to survive. The market will jist keep getting tighter and tighter slowly sinking into non existence. All those little pizza dishes will be collected for scrap and wifi antenna reflectors.

Maybe if everybody moves to a city. Around here there will be satellite dishes for a long, long, long, long time.

Broadcast tv is dying a slow death. The programmers and service providers arw grasping at straws to survive. The market will jist keep getting tighter and tighter slowly sinking into non existence.

What country are you talking about?

Do you at least play one on TV?:biggrin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419783042.082715.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fox News Dish Network Blackout: Customers Demand Refunds As Bitter Carriage Dispute Drags On......http://www.ibtimes.com/fox-news-dis...refunds-bitter-carriage-dispute-drags-1767826
The bitter standoff between Dish Network Corp. and the parent company of Fox News Channel is entering its second week Friday, and there appears to be no end in sight. As both sides continue to blame the other for blocking Fox News and Fox Business from Dish subscribers, viewers are growing increasingly impatient, with some demanding refunds for the blackout period and others vowing to switch providers altogether.Both options could prove to be fruitless, however, leaving loyal fans of the most-watched cable news network even more frustrated. That’s because Dish’s residential agreement pretty much gives it carte blanche to change its programming lineup as it sees fit, and customers who sign up for Dish are told specifically that changes in programming do not entitle them to a refund: “We may add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, as well as the prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services, at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment period to which you have agreed. You are not entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.”
Switching providers, meanwhile, could subject customers to early cancellation fees.Dish did not respond to questions about whether it would make an exception in this case, but some Fox News viewers said on social media and in emails to International Business Times that they were offered credits to their accounts -- ranging between $10 and $15 a month for several months -- when they called to complain about the blackout.Dish has been involved in a number of highly public carriage disputes over the last few months, including battles with Turner Broadcasting, NBCUniversal and CBS Corp. The satellite-TV company says it is simply trying to fight off unfair increases in programming fees and insists that customers who switch providers will only embolden content owners to raise their rates even more, thereby pushing bills higher. In a video message posted on Wednesday, Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen accused Fox News’ corporate parent, 21st Century Fox Inc., of extortion, saying the company was using Fox’s popularity to wrest higher rates for one of its less popular channels.“There was nothing about this extortion attempt that was fair or balanced,” Ergen said in the video, referencing Fox’s longtime slogan. “Rather it was greedy, arrogant and disrespectful to you, their loyal viewers. While it would have been easy for Dish to accept these outrageous demands, it is you, the customer, who ultimately would pay the price.”Ergen said he could not predict when the blackout would end.Fox News said in an updated statement Friday that blackouts are part of Dish’s “business model” and pointed out that, before this current dispute, Fox News Channel had never been blocked by a pay-TV provider in its 18-year history. The network encouraged viewers to keep complaining to Dish or explore alternate providers. One Dish customer, Ron Vos of Minnesota, said his mind is already made up. “I refuse to be a pawn in their stupid little game,” he said of Dish. “They for one are not giving me what I subscribed for ... I hope they go bankrupt.”

Well the good thing is, that if the DISH sub is unhappy because of the loss of any channel , they can still cancel and go to the competition. Even if that means paying a hefty cancellation fee. It just depends on if their wallet can stand it. It does kind of hurt to pay out a 24 month commitment contract and then pay to have the other provider install , first month bill etc. But unfortunately, it works the same way for the other providers too. They can pull any channel that they want and you aren't entitled to any refund ,etc. So any where you go, you will face the threat of losing something over disputes. DISH is just more likely to stand up to the channel companies over price, than the other competitors. But that seems to be changing too. Directv is adding small RSN fees to certain dmas now to diffuse the costs .

I would be interested in learning the name of that other channel that seems to be the focus of this impasse. I have heard from one source that it's Fox Sports 2, and from another source that it's FXX. Does anyone other than Ergin really know?

I would be interested in learning the name of that other channel that seems to be the focus of this impasse. I have heard from one source that it's Fox Sports 2, and from another source that it's FXX. Does anyone other than Ergin really know?
I read that it was over trying to renegotiate the contracts over three sports channels ,that weren't up for renewal, at the same time as the Fox News and Business channels. I don't think they ever identified them by name.

On Monday DTV is being installed at my home. I have lost RSN, Mets and Yankees. Now FNC. The price after the sign up specials expire are about $8.00 more than Dish. But I will have baseball again and FNC. This was a no brainier to me.

Glenn Beck left Fox News, because advertisers weren't booking ads during his show's time slot. But he left Fox before he got fired.

Negotiations doesn't look good when you get a replaying video of Charlie Ergen explaining that Fox was trying to extort money from Dish.
I wouldn't expect any talks to continue until January. Meanwhile enjoy The Blaze or CNN's continuing 24/7 non stop coverage of the latest missing airliner.

FS1, FS2 and FXX were all rebranded just over a year ago and Fox has been trying to get everyone to go with new contracts instead of abiding by the original contracts when the channels were Speed, Fuel and Fox Soccer. Fox finally agreed to let providers like Dish and Directv carry the rebranded channels under the original agreements or Fox wouldn't have had any viewers when the rebranding launched. So Fox rebranded channels and moved programming from other channels to these rebranded channels and now wants a lot more money for less programming

FS1, FS2 and FXX were all rebranded just over a year ago and Fox has been trying to get everyone to go with new contracts instead of abiding by the original contracts when the channels were Speed, Fuel and Fox Soccer. Fox finally agreed to let providers like Dish and Directv carry the rebranded channels under the original agreements or Fox wouldn't have had any viewers when the rebranding launched. So Fox rebranded channels and moved programming from other channels to these rebranded channels and now wants a lot more money for less programming
Thanks for this news. I knew it was three sports channels and this makes sense as to why DISH is not allowing them to be re-negotiated at the same time as the Fox News and Business channels. So it sounds like FOX will have to drop their demands or there will be NO News or business channels returning any time soon. I don't see Charlie giving in on this one and I don't blame him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)