Are high performance cables worth it????

My favorite "monster cable" item was on Amazon a few years ago. It was a $200 6-foot optical cable. One of the reviewers was a self-proclaimed "audiophile" and professed at how much warmer the sound was through these cables instead of the more inferior $75 optical cable he had been using.

Tina C. said:
Well, everyone is entitled to thier own opinions..... ;)
:cool:

ROTFL - Exactly my point. Go check who I was responding to.
:p

There is no end to this debate. Only more debate.

Monster Cable, especially their RG6!!

I had bad experience with Copper Braided RG6 from Monster Cable. It was at a prewired house so just ran cable from dish to distribution. The guy spend like $400 just on Monster RG6 to rewire his whole house. After I done with my D* install work checking signal strength on xponders and xponder 29 show "0". Known dead xponders in that area are 18,26 and 28 spot beams.
I check the 2nd receiver and no xponder 29 either. Installed my known good test IRD from the truck and that too is not showing 29. Replace the LNB, still no go. I drop the cable from LNB to IRD using no brand name RG6 we use and everything work as they suppose to. Strangest thing ever, only one xponder don't show up.

The problem was there was a kink on the cable before they all goes in to wall.

I took a 20' of that Monster cable to test it at home. If you bend the cable enough to kink it will start dropping signal only on Transponder 29. Where generic RG6, Belden, Comscope etc you can tie like 20 knots in the line and you can still watch TV!

Iceman said:
I am no way bashing Monster or other name brand manufacturers in any way, but my personal opinion is their cables, though nicely made, are overpriced. I have recently found a company that makes their own cables at a very reasonable price and are much higher quality than Monster and other name brand high performance cable makers. They have a on-line store set up on ebay and they carry a lot of other nice accessories too. Take a look at their feedback rating. If you are interested follow this link.
http://stores.ebay.com/HDTV-Supply_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQdptZ9QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

Hope this helps you.
Thanks and take care.
Ice

Those look like quality products and are priced reasonably. I've bookmarked that URL for future use. I prefer quality products and use Belden 1915A RG6 for CATV as it has shielding equal to quad-shielded but is standard size (.275 in) and Belden 1694A RG6 for DBS as it is very low loss.
However, no way I'll purchase those monsterously high priced cable products whose claims defy physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts