Are multiple 622s possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shadow_keeper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hi guys, haven't posted on here since I was a Voomer couple of years back. Since it's demise I've been with Adelphia with a Moxi box and lately with the Comcast takeover, I'm getting more and more sick of the situation. Paying "top grid" fees just to be able to watch all HD tier channels is expensive with those thieves.

I'm looking into possibly going to Dish but with minimal programming costs just to get the regular HD (non-premiums) channels and HD-DVR capabilities. I ONLY watch HD...period...gosh I miss Voom! I thought I read a few posts in here a few weeks back that some people had 2 different Vip 622 recorders. Is that possible? I called Dish and they told me of course, only 1 recorder per household which sux. 1 recorder would be enough if the 500gb version was already released, but no eta on that one as of yet.

I have 2 different HD sets, so multiple HD boxes are a must. Comcast has me by the balls right now with my config and my promotional package is coming to and end....

Thanks for any info...
Larry

i have 2 622's i leased one about a yr ago then another one about 6 months ago. its a little harder up front to get 2 leased ones becuase of the promo guidelines they will want to sale you the 2nd one for 549.00 maybe if you esc the call to ERT something could be worked out but dont hold your breath and if you need a club dish card to get the 50.00 act fee waive pm me and i will hook u up

The 211 would be enough if I had the 622-1 500gb model...but the CSRs don't have a clue about the new model or any eta.

Another thing that I've gotten used to with my Motos though is the working firewire port and additional capabilities of using it with my Mac G5 recorder. I hear all Dish boxes don't have a firewire port which doesn't make sense and would suck too...I'm in between a rock and then some...

Can you record on a PC/MAC through the USB port with some type of converter???

Last edited:
I was the same way.. so I paid the 50 bux (no contract) got a 622, 211, and an SD box (forget which one).. a month later called up a and swapped the 211 & sD box for another 622, to which they said fine as long as I signed up for 18 month contract.. so I was fine with that..

I now have 2 622's, each leased. 1st 2/14/06, 2nd 2/14/07 or thereabouts.

I'm not sure what the rules would say for getting 2 up front.

Dish was willing to sell me a second 622....at FULL price(I passed), allowing me to have 2 622's did not seem to be a problem.
I have a 921 and 622 with no problem.
So it seems that multiple DVR's are not a problem.
Yaesumofo

Hi guys, haven't posted on here since I was a Voomer couple of years back. Since it's demise I've been with Adelphia with a Moxi box and lately with the Comcast takeover, I'm getting more and more sick of the situation. Paying "top grid" fees just to be able to watch all HD tier channels is expensive with those thieves.

I'm looking into possibly going to Dish but with minimal programming costs just to get the regular HD (non-premiums) channels and HD-DVR capabilities. I ONLY watch HD...period...gosh I miss Voom! I thought I read a few posts in here a few weeks back that some people had 2 different Vip 622 recorders. Is that possible? I called Dish and they told me of course, only 1 recorder per household which sux. 1 recorder would be enough if the 500gb version was already released, but no eta on that one as of yet.

I have 2 different HD sets, so multiple HD boxes are a must. Comcast has me by the balls right now with my config and my promotional package is coming to and end....

Thanks for any info...
Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)