higher than 42.99 per month, during the 18 months? If so, what good is
the 18 month contract?

dr0doom said:
I'm thinking of siging on with DishTV for an 18-month commitment, with the
AT120 package, at 42.99 per month. There is some fine print saying that
rates may go up at any time. Does that mean that they can rase the rate
higher than 42.99 per month, during the 18 months? If so, what good is
the 18 month contract?
Your commitment with them does not guarantee a rate.

That said, as of the latest price increase (this month), Dish has stated that package rates should remain steady until 2008.

I've noticed(from the CES pcitures) that only the AT60 has locked rate by it, the others don't. So does this mean that only AT60 is rate locked, or are all of them?

I'm not aware of any of Dishes packages being rate locked on the comsumer accounts. Business accounts on the other hand depending on your setup maybe.

The 18 month commitment is for Dish to be sure to at least make what they put out back from you. I.E. Free Install and EQ they lease you. And right now it gets you the DHPP for free for the 18 months which heaven forbid you need a service call its 29.99 instead of $99 and if you need a dish mover its free the first time.

Only AT60 is price protected.......

For the last three years we have gotten price increases every February, although they are usually 3-4 % each time. Since cable is raising rates about 9% a year in my area, I'm still ahead of the game.

AT60 will go up on Feb. 1 and remain at that level untill 2008. This is the second time such a price "freeze" has been applied to this package. All other packages are subject to change at any time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts