Are Skinny bundels the answer to cord cutting?

Same here, and I only listen to one channel! I've looked into the Mostly Music package, but they have no deals on it, so I'm stuck with Premier at an enormous discount.

Me too. I'm about ready to just cancel. All I listen to anymore is 40s Junction and occasionally Radio classics when I have a long drive. Either they have a problem or I have a problem in my truck, as it seems to fade in and out a lot lately. It seems to only be on that channel.

Me too. I'm about ready to just cancel. All I listen to anymore is 40s Junction and occasionally Radio classics when I have a long drive. Either they have a problem or I have a problem in my truck, as it seems to fade in and out a lot lately. It seems to only be on that channel.

They're just trying to give you a true 1940's experience.

Welcome Pack$ 19.99
DVR Service$ 12.00
Dish Movie Pack 6 Mo (50% Off) $5.00
FCC Regulatory Fee$ 0.03
First Receiver (add'l $7-17)$ 0.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10)$ 0.00
Monthly Charges $ 37.02

You forget Dish's fees and after the $37, there is state tax.
I was paying $73+ for Dish America and the movie pack and fees.
I didn't forget. I thought you might have been including the DVR fee, but I wanted clarification on that, since your earlier post did not mention the DVR fee, making it sound like $37 was the total for just the programming packages.

Reactions: Tampa8
I didn't forget. I thought you might have been including the DVR fee, but I wanted clarification on that, since your earlier post did not mention the DVR fee, making it sound like $37 was the total for just the programming packages.
That's what I thought just talking about the package pricing....

I was paying $135, now I'm paying $95, 2 year price lock = $960.00! Yeah $95 is high, bit I'm getting everything I use to watch except golf. The best golf is on locals anyway, so I don't mind saving $960, I can go watch a couple live tournaments with that savings! The HD on locals and movie packs is well worth the two $10 add-ons, looks sensational on my new 4k TV.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My definition of a "skinny bundle" is paying $20-$30 per month.

It's not worth it to me if your still paying $100 me anyways.

Taking channels away "pay less to get less" is not a solution I would be happy with.

I was on Top 200, switched to Flex+Locals+News and lost one channel I actually watch, but gained a couple others that I was wanting. That one channel I lost is not worth the $15 I saved and losing access to the others that are Flex only. Sure I have less channels, but most of them I never watched even one time in ten years.

Don't bet on it. Yes, they are cutting some bandwidth chaff, but not their core.
I know that this is OT but the FCC is hardly cutting the bandwidth chaff. They plan to cut off most of the UHF band and relocate the channels located there to VHF including the VHF-Lo band.

Flex isn't an option for me. I'm hopeful that in four months when my credits run out that the Science Channel will be added to the Flex Pack or else PS Vue will have an Apple TV app. Either one would satisfy my viewing needs at a reduced cost.

Looks like Cable is trying to create skinny bundles too.

sports.yahoo.com/news/charter-ceo-rivals-struggle-craft-221653593.html

I like the idea of Flex, and for many I can see it being the best fit for them. For me though it would not save me money over my traditional sat package that I had, and it would be vastly more expensive to get the same channels that I watch through Vue. Doing a quick order test on dish, to get the channels we watch with the second tier VUE service I would be at $70 vs $35 before added equipment costs. When costs for 4 tvs are added in it goes to $100.

So during football season, if I were on sat, a traditional package would serve me better.

Outside of college football season, flex might be an option, but the lack of equipment fees makes Vue a better choice for us.

Reactions: Troch77
I only add the National Pack (and sometimes the Regional Pack) on the weekends (or just Saturday) to get college football. The rest of the week they are removed. $20 prorated at a average of 8 days a month comes to about $5-6 added to my bill each month. I prefer that as I get DVR service.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I only add the National Pack (and sometimes the Regional Pack) on the weekends (or just Saturday) to get college football. The rest of the week they are removed. $20 prorated at a average of 8 days a month comes to about $5-6 added to my bill each month. I prefer that as I get DVR service.
I get DVR, but I have not used it on sports. I just prefer to watch them live.

That is one way to make it a better price though. Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)