Are some E* sats Ku (linear)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Obviously, E1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 at 61.5, 110, 119, and 148 are circular. And, I'm pretty sure the ones at 105 and 121 are linear. (Am I wrong?) But, what about E4 and E5 at 129 and 77? (Is there even an E4 at 77?) And, what about R1, also at 61.5?

Its EASY to tell the difference, on Lyngsat right beside the Freq.

H and V are Linear signals

L and R are Circular signals

Circular polairty slots
91 (there are 2 satellites here. Galaxy 11 is linear. ExpressVu is circular)
129 (2 satellites here. IA7 is linear and Dish 129 is circular)

77 is over Mexico and is Circular

105 & 121 are linear (but all thats there is the ever popular "you have a Superdish at ___" :)

Are circular polarity signals completely isolated from linear? Because when I blind-scan some Ku satellites (with a linear setup), there are more channels listed than what Lyngsat says should be there... that is, unless it's also picking up some from the circular polarity.

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

depends on the LNB and the box. As an example, on my Coolsat the blind scan only goes to 12200 (the end of the linear side) but the Pansat goes to 12350 so it has been known to get a couple of the DBS channels (which on the Pansat sucks because it logs 13 channels per TP logged) :(

You can receive circular signals on a linear lnb. The polarization difference means a significant drop in signal quality (10 dB?) but it's doable.

For a while I was getting one free channel off 82 west while blind scanning AMC-9.

I think I may have manually set the scan frequencies to include that range... probably without realizing exactly what I was doing at the time. I wonder how far out of band a standard CalAmp Ku-band LNB can tune?

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts