Are the Pistons ripe for the taking?? GO HEAT!!

I've been here all along. As for my predictions all I can say is that I'm a loyal fan, and it don't look too good right now. If the pistons find their game and do the improbable, I'll be back to see what witty remarks you guys have then. By the way, I'm embarrassed by the pistons whining also.

riffjim4069 said:
All I will say is the Heat had better beat the Piston's tonight or the pressure is going to increase tenfold come Game 6.

Why? I expect the Pistons to play their VERY best game of the series..they might even blowout the Heat tonight. But remember, the Pistons have NOT had 2 straight good games ALL throughout the playoffs AND the competion has gotten better...so I say IF...and I do mean IF...the Pistons tie the series, ALL the pressure is on Detroit. Remember, Friday's game is IN Miami...not Detroit.

Salsadancer7, if you keep backpeddling, you're going to find yourself in the ocean.Here we come, and game 7 is in DETROIT! Pressure? That's what we have for breakfast. You try living here.

Wow! Did you see Ben Wallace give Shaq a Wilson facial last night? That was certainly a first! What really cracked me up was watching postgame commentary on NBATV...the bias was akin to watching liberal versus conservative spiel on Hannity & Combs. One analyst says B. Wallace had his had on Shaq's back and he ran into him with his lower body; Shaq was fouled. To sum it up, the other analyst replies something to the effect, "Jane, you ignorant slut!" He points out that prior to the rejection, Shaq had already fouled R. Wallace, which wasn't called, and that only an idiot would whistle the play on a hand-touch or knee-graze...especially in a game where the refs allowed a great deal of contact.

Anyway, games 6 and 7 (hopefully) should be great!

Paul Wozniak said:
Salsadancer7, if you keep backpeddling, you're going to find yourself in the ocean.Here we come, and game 7 is in DETROIT! Pressure? That's what we have for breakfast. You try living here.

Backpeddling?! IF anyone thought the Pistons were gonna lay down and hand it to the Heat, they know very little about basketball. I am a Heat fan, but a REALISTIC fan...and I knew damn well that the Pistons were gonna be full of piss and vinegar on Wednesday night. But I would not feel too comfortable if I were a Pistons fan...It took Prince's CAREER game and 6 for 20 free throw shooting to just squeak by...and don't let that score fool ya...it was close until the last 3 minutes. And in the Eastern Conference finals...EVERYONE is under pressure....

salsadancer7 said:
Backpeddling?! IF anyone thought the Pistons were gonna lay down and hand it to the Heat, they know very little about basketball. I am a Heat fan, but a REALISTIC fan...and I knew damn well that the Pistons were gonna be full of piss and vinegar on Wednesday night. But I would not feel too comfortable if I were a Pistons fan...It took Prince's CAREER game and 6 for 20 free throw shooting to just squeak by...and don't let that score fool ya...it was close until the last 3 minutes. And in the Eastern Conference finals...EVERYONE is under pressure....

All the games are close at the 3 minute mark, then the intentional fouls take over, if you make them you win, if not , you don't.

I expect Miami to get most of the calls in game 6 and if it goes to a 7th who knows.
It's really strange how the Piston starters all end up in foul trouble early in Miami and the Heat starters are in foul trouble early in Detroit.

If they really want to have a great game, have them call them equally ..... The officials have a lot to do with who wins, weather they admit it or not, I remember several games back Prince had 3 fouls on him in a fairly quick period of time and when you were shown the replays, he never touched the other player, once he was 2 feet away from him .

Both teams complain about the officals, I think the Pistons do more often than Miami, but they both do...

Miami I think feels a bit more confident than Detroit did going into game 5 and I think they still feel that way.

In the playoffs they say the teams that move on win on the road, well Detroit has to do that NOW, yes thay can, but will they ????

I would like to see a game 7, afterall most people thought it would go 7 before the series started.

Jimbo

SO LONG...GOOD BYE...CHOW...SAYONARA...HASTA LA VISTA...ADIOS....

The Stake has been planted......the vampire is officially DEAD!!

This THREAD has been OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!:yes :clap :wave

Odd, it's still open for me...

Mavs vs. Heat, hmm...Not sure if it'll be good or not, but probably the best matchup we could hope for. You know it's eating LeBron that if he had a center he'd have gotten to the finals before Dwayne Wade...

Purogamer said:
Odd, it's still open for me...

Mavs vs. Heat, hmm...Not sure if it'll be good or not, but probably the best matchup we could hope for. You know it's eating LeBron that if he had a center he'd have gotten to the finals before Dwayne Wade...

THIS one concerning the Pistons....is CLOSED! LOL:D
I'll open the NEXT one when the Heat have an opponent:up

riffjim4069 said:
Congrats to the Heat...I'll be rooting for them if they play that fat-faced Mark Cuban team. BTW, what the heck do you call a member of the Heat...a Heater?...a Warm Front?...a Tropical Breeze?:confused: :rolleyes:

HHHHMMMMM.....damn good question....I will work on that!:up

You call them millionaires, that's what you call them...

And Mark Cuban may be a loud mouth and obviously doesn't take advantage of his on-site gyms, but the guy does a lot for the advancement of HD, true HD. A little respect eh?

Purogamer said:
You call them millionaires, that's what you call them...

And Mark Cuban may be a loud mouth and obviously doesn't take advantage of his on-site gyms, but the guy does a lot for the advancement of HD, true HD. A little respect eh?

I think he has gotten MORE than enough respect when it comes to HD. And when it comes to the players, they love playing for him. Though I must admit I lost a little respect when he spoke down about the Old VOOM satellite system. I was very disappointed.

I think most fans would agree that they'd like to have an owner like Mark Cuban instead of their current NBA owner. The guy wants to win and spends the money wisely trying to back up that statement. If you were in atlanta, wouldn't you wish someone like cuban would buy the hawks? If you were in Boston, wouldn't you wish someone like cuban would buy the celtics? I've got lebron and I wish someone like cuban would buy the cavs. Forget this "Q arena" nonsense already...

Purogamer said:
I think most fans would agree that they'd like to have an owner like Mark Cuban instead of their current NBA owner. The guy wants to win and spends the money wisely trying to back up that statement. If you were in atlanta, wouldn't you wish someone like cuban would buy the hawks? If you were in Boston, wouldn't you wish someone like cuban would buy the celtics? I've got lebron and I wish someone like cuban would buy the cavs. Forget this "Q arena" nonsense already...

I'll take Mickey Aaronson....just as smart and not as arrogant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts