Are the Yankees now the "cursed" team?

In a way I hope so. It gives someone else a chance to win (if Yankees are having problems now - I haven't checked). Maybe its the Red Sox chance to shine.

It is early in the season but they look bad... Starting pitching is bad, middle relieve is bad and worse of all they are not hitting. They look like a 500 team which they are not. The only problem is that so far no one is running away with the AL Division. The Baltimore Orioles can out hit anyone but their pitching is questionable in the long run. The Blue Jays are going nowhere and Boston is not playing to their capacity yet with all the injuries they had. The Devil Rays... well you know...they are going nowhere...

It is funny that the Yankees are always accused of winning all the time. Yes they won 26 World Championships in their history but in the 80's they did not won anything. In the 90's three championships only and they haven't won anything since 2001. So they do not win all the time. One thing that can be said is that they are in the playoffs all the time... 11 consecutive years since 1995 but as you may know anyone in the playoffs can win. The hot team going into the playoffs can win it all and don't have to have a team like the Yankees or Red Sox.

I sure hope so, i am a long time suffering Mets fan and would love to see the Yankee's go through a 10 year dry spell. Any Day now we should see the Steinbrenner circus start up, LOL!!!!! :) :) :)

Sean Mota said:
It is funny that the Yankees are always accused of winning all the time. Yes they won 26 World Championships in their history but in the 80's they did not won anything. In the 90's three championships only and they haven't won anything since 2001. So they do not win all the time.
I think I'd crap myself with excitement if I could ever say the Tigers won "only" three championships in a decade. :D
Hell, I'd settle for one championship in consecutive decades. (Not since 30's and 40's).
Actually, finishing at .500 would be really nice at this point. I wouldn't mind seeing the Yankees struggle for a season or two. But they're much more fun to hate when they're winning.

It's only the second week in May and the Yankee haters are putting the nails in the coffin for the 2005 season! As a longtime fan (having sat through many miserable seasons in the 80's ). The team roster is not the kind that will see these kind of games go on for long.

I voted no. The Yankees have the money and a history of spending it to buy championships. I would not be surprised other teams suffer through a Red Sox like draught lasting through the 21st century. I'm just hoping to live through the first 50 years.

I cant figure out who is doing worse. The Yankees or that egomaniacs' horse, Bellamy Road. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)