are there any JVC TU9000's left and where?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richmert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
I have scanned the internet and shopping sites but cant find this model. did they change the name? did they stop making them? i havent been able to find them on sears sight for a long time and didnt even get a hit on the JVC site.
The reason i am interested is because i have a JVC tv and was hoping i could use the JVC special link input instead of taking up one of my other inputs. does anyone know where i can find one of these?
thanks

really? i thought i saw them on sears and other websites. man i must have been drunk or crazy. did they make any high definition recorder for Dish?

ooops sorry Scott. i see on the jvc site its called the TU-DVR921RU. i guess this is just the 921 in disguise huh? so i am thinking the JVC proprietary link doesnt work. its 999 dollars on the jvc site so i guess its the same thing. the website doesnt give much informtaion about it so i will have to dig deeper to see if it has the jvc link operational. does anyone know if it is the exact same thing as a 921?

I was at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix yesterday and they had four JVC units on the shelf.
They wanted $999.99 for them.

Al

I wonder if the sales guys at Fryes would know if the smart link or compu link thing worked on the jvc 921.
does anyone here know if there is a compulink out of the 921?
Its supposed to be a way of linking all JVC products together.

richmert, if it were me, I'd go with the DishStore powerbuy and save $160 over the JVC. Everything I've seen on this site and other indicates the biggest difference the JVC TU-DVR921RU and the Dish DVR921 is the "JVC" silk-screened on the case. So, unfortunately, no DishWire/IEEE 1394

thanks foxbat thats EXACTLY what I wanted to know. i will try to call JVC and make sure but then will jump on the group buy. I just didnt know if the 1394 link and the compulink were the same thing.
it sure looks like a JVC rubber stamp on a Dish box though huh?
thanks again

Doesn't matter if the firewire port is there or covered or not there. It's going to use the software from Dish, and it's disabled or missing from that. Go with the powerbuy

thats exactly what i am thinking ajohnson but i thought there was another connection besides the firewire called the compulink. if i am wrong the group buy is the only way to go but i sure would like to leave my hdmi port open for my pc which i am using right now and hook the 921 up through the smart link or compulink or whatever the hell its called.
off subject here but my mothers maiden name is johnson. are you related?

None of the JVC branded Dish recievers has Compulink. I went through the same research when I purchased Dish. The JVC branded stuff is literally the exact same thing as Dish with a JVC logo on it.

Also, Compulink is just a method that JVC uses to have it's components communicate with each other, so having it wouldn't help your HDMI cause anyway. Basically if you connect a JVC CD player to a JVC Audio Receiver, they will have extended communication ablility.

If you were thinking of something else, I apologize.

Thanks Pat. That is exactly what I wanted to know. no need to apologize. i new about connecting dvds and audio components but i didnt know if t applied to any other units.
thanks. thats the answer i was looking for. i guess i just need an HDMI splitter now. got any ideas where to get one?

Foxbat said:
richmert, if it were me, I'd go with the DishStore powerbuy and save $160 over the JVC.
I hope you jumped, 'cause it looks like the special is over now. :no I was too busy spending money elsewhere and didn't get in on this deal. Perhaps Santa Ergen will take pity on me...

I asked essentially the same question of JVC through their web site and never got any kind of response. The last time I saw the 9000 mentioned was before the 921 came out.

Why would they stop the group buy? Why dont they just keep signing up every ten people and buying the units for them? It must have been a success and they must be making some money off of it.
I missed it I guess. For some reason I thought I had more time.
Oh well maybe ebay has some up for bids.

The special buy prices DishStore.NET gets are only good for them for a certain time, its not like the price they pay for the units is that low all the time. When DishStore.NET get a deal they pass the savings on to their customers.

I am told that the deal we were given for 921's was offered to other online dealers as well, however it seems as though the other online dealers decided to pocket the extra money instead of passing the savings on.

DishStore.NET is trying to get them to give us that offer one more time, so stay tuned. :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Scott. So its a supply problem. They just cant get as many as they want at that price. Thats too bad. Especially considering the rumors that the 921 is being discontinued. You would think that dish or whoever DishStore.net's supplier is would want to dump as many of them as they can. 839 dollars sounds like a pretty good price for the manufacturer for a discontinued piece of equipment. I mean its not even a 20 percent discount. I would imagine the price will come down a lot more pretty fast once it is announced that it is obsolete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)