Are there any other states besides So Dak that DO NOT have Locals HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does sd have any hd channels. I get sioux falls on cable and they never say thay have hd. you would think there would be ads if they had hd.

The system does make sense but there are some who say it is unfair.

Dish is a business. Who says fair has anything to do with it. If they were fair, I would have all the stations I really want for $19.95 and none of the ones I don't watch and they'd all be 10180X1920 full bitrate.

But that's just me.;)

That's too bad--my daughter lives in Casper--is cable your only choice for HD then? Wyoming certainly needs it--way out in the boonies--like us, but again, I see that new technologies such as HD locals, as well as broadband internet never go where they are needed most, but always where they are needed least--in the big cities.

Cable doesn't help as the local affiliates do not broadcast anything in HD. We can however get the usual line up of HD stations from DISH. The cable HD packages vary from town to town, i.e. from cable company to cable company.

Ohio has OTA HD , Cable, E* and D*in the bigger cities but I live in Southeast Ohio right along the WV border and I have no local stations that I can get OTA so I have "distance locals" out of ALT and SF. I have asked the local station for a wavier (WTAP) to get NBC and they will not let me have one because the signal is there but very weak and bad PQ but they say I can watch it. I have had the local Cable and Sat guys tell me no signal strong enough but because it is a small market WTAP will not grant wavier. so I am stuck :eek::(

Ohio has OTA HD , Cable, E* and D*in the bigger cities but I live in Southeast Ohio right along the WV border and I have no local stations that I can get OTA so I have "distance locals" out of ALT and SF. I have asked the local station for a wavier (WTAP) to get NBC and they will not let me have one because the signal is there but very weak and bad PQ but they say I can watch it. I have had the local Cable and Sat guys tell me no signal strong enough but because it is a small market WTAP will not grant wavier. so I am stuck :eek::(

You don't say if you have an HDTV with OTA tuner, I live in Florida in winter months, I am about 75 miles from ch2 NBC Daytona Beach/Orlando. On analog I get at best a very snowy picture unwatchable. They transmit their digital signal on ch 11, and it comes in perfect. Just because you don't get analog you might get digital ok.

gmitchell-

Ask them for a measurement. I had the same problem many years ago. There is apparently software that the stations use to determine whether or not you are in a "grade B signal area". Your signal must be "grade B" or better for them to deny you a waiver. 2 stations here simply granted the waiver. One would not. I asked for a measurement. They sent a truck out and sure enough their software was wrong. I got the waiver from them immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)