Are there any screenshots for the 522 interface?

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
I did a search but coudn't find anything in the forum and I know there were some here but can't seem to find them. Searched on google too and found nothing (it actually sent me here).

SolApathy said:
Is that what you are looking for?

Hehe, not THAT interface. I meant program guide, menus, etc. I ask because my 721 died and was thinking of getting a 522. I got an old 301 and I'm using it but when I installed I almost threw up. The guide is terrible compared to the 721 (or the Dishplayer) and you have to press "Info" to get a description of the show unlike the 721. In the 721 you just move to the program in the guide and it will show the description. Also the list of visible channels is very small.

The 721 has the nicest and most useful interface. Even the 522/625 won't compare to it. Although it is much newer and better than the 301's interface. You don't have to hit info on the 522/625 to see the show's info but the guide isn't nearly as fast as the 721's. I'll probably say it's comparable to a 501 if you've owned one of those (slower than a 301's guide. Here are a ton of screen shots from the 942 review over at dbstalk.com. The receivers have the same interface except the 942 records HD.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=39890

AppliedAggression said:
You don't have to hit info on the 522/625 to see the show's info but the guide isn't nearly as fast as the 721's. I'll probably say it's comparable to a 501 if you've owned one of those (slower than a 301's guide).

I have used 5000->7100->721->301. Is the guide slower than a 301? :(

AppliedAggression said:
Here are a ton of screen shots from the 942 review over at dbstalk.com. The receivers have the same interface except the 942 records HD.

The guide is not that bad, I could live with it. :)

Can I use this format for the guide or is it only a 942 thing and I would be stuck with this one?

Faw said:
I have used 5000->7100->721->301. Is the guide slower than a 301? :(

Can I use this format for the guide or is it only a 942 thing and I would be stuck with this one?

Yes, it is much slower than the 301's guide. The 301 actually has a pretty fast guide. You should check out a Tivo actually, it's laughable. You can scroll up or down and watch the guide fill in.

The 522 does offer the choice of 4 or 6 lines in the guide.

The 522 guide will look very much like the 942 (942 started from the 522 base.) You will get 1.5 hours in the guide and 5 channels when configured for 1/4 screen video in the top right corner.

Some pictures are here: img67.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=aquiresignal6xh.jpg&cols=4
They are from the 5200 Expressvu, (which is the same unit except for the logo)

Well I got the 522 and I kind of like it. The only problem is that Dish won't offer the extended warranty if you live in Puerto Rico (morons). The only reason I guess they don't offer it is because of the shipping. Can people in Alaska and Hawaii get the extended warranty?

I think it is unfair that we always get screwed. I know that Alaska and Puerto Rico can't get the 522 in the "Dish'n it up" program, but Hawaii can so shipping is not the problem. My only explanation is that they only give this offers if you are between latitude 20 and 50, but that is just stupid. Of course, this is Dish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)