Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
Having a real brain fart moment tonight

CM .75 dish and CM 1.2M dish... Are the feedhorn assemblies the same for these dishes? I have the original for the .75 but I dont know if I can use the exact same for the 1.2 or would the "eye" on the feedhorn be larger for a larger dish?

Looks like the larger one is CM/andrews part 611-6060-10 but cant really find any technical specs on it

I've collected a few .75m and 1.2's and the feed horn / LNB's on them were all the same.
The 1.0m I just picked up is also the same.

Just to clarify: the eye is the same(F/D ratio)- the area of illumination increases as the feed is moved further from the dish surface. Think of a .7 and a 1.2 in a cone. The .7 is closer to the focal point.

A generic FTA LNBF works just fine on them also. Standard 40mm throat. I saw no difference in Q. But get both polarities with LNBFs. If you really need a feed horn let me know. I have a few laying around.

Feedhorns are the same on the various "round" Channel Master dishes.

Feed support tubes are of different lengths on each model; The larger the dish, the longer the tubes.

Been looking at Ebay for some, waiting for them to get cheaper on there.

But yes, I am in need of one. Not desprately, but "one of these days" need

Here is a picture of the one I have. The LNB on top is the KU LNB and I was going to pull the lower one and just put a single C band LNB on it, but got distracted with a C band dish.

that feed horn is quite different than the small one on my channel master dishes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
Commercial dish off a gas station. Great dish to lock in any KU satellite.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just wondering, is the feedhorn and PLL KU LNB from my commercial (gas station) M1.2 dish compatible with my 1M Ku offset dish, and can it be just swapped without a aspecial bracket, shorter or longer arm.

The feed support arms will be shorter on the 1 meter dish. The feedhorn might be compatible, if it fits the clamp. It should if both dishes are from the same manufacturer.

The feed support arms will be shorter on the 1 meter dish. The feedhorn might be compatible, if it fits the clamp. It should if both dishes are from the same manufacturer.

Yes, the two dishes (1.2m vs. 1m) are quite different that I have. The commercial 1.2m dish is very flat and the focal point is waaaaay out there! The 1m dish much shorter arms and focal point. What is really nice about all of the channel master dishes to me is the elevation adjustment bolt on the back of the dish. It is so precise. I would still have the 1.2m dish up if I had not got so hooked on C band.

So...The outright swapping of the 1.2M commercial feedhorn/LNB to the 1M dish will not work?. I was hoping to install the commercial feedhorn/LNB to the motorized 1M dish. Such is life.

Thanks

It might 'work', but I would guess if you put the 1.2m feedhorn on the smaller 1.0m dish you will be getting more than the dish focused into the bigger feedhorn, which means noise. Might be fun to to see if it works, if the dishes are easy to get to.

Others with the technical knowledge would be able to tell you the real statistics.

If the two dishes are from the same manufacturer, the feedhorns will probably be interchangeable between the 1 and 1.2M models.

Unfortunately they are from different manufacturers, have been looking very hard at both dishes, and the commercial feedhorn is too big (wide) to fit at the end of the 1M arm without some extensive modification.

The thing to do might be to place the commercial feedhorn/lnb about an inch above and farther back from where the original 1M lnb is located, of course this might change the focus plane to the 1M dish, and might have to work with the Elevation of the dish. Does this makes sense or am I seeing this wrong. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)