Are these good prices for service?

psangabriel

Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
104.95 Package for Digital Service on 1 converter(+HBO) and Internet (modem included) - (Bronze Package i believe)

3.95 Standard Digital Converter
9.95 DVR-HD
5.00 - for HD box
9.95 for digital service on 1s converter
6.95 for digital service on 2nd converter

are these good prices? i'm trying to add another HD box so that would add another 11.95 to the bill... I've heard rumors about people being able to get lower prices plus more premium stuff by comparing comcast to other provides (satellite)... btw im in the washington DC area

Those look like standard prices but they do vary by areas. I have another cable company as a competitor (Knology), therefore Comcast only charges $96 for full Platinum where other areas are around $105.

Additional outlets here are only $6.95 for the box rental - no extra "fee" for mirroring the service.

psangabriel said:
104.95 Package for Digital Service on 1 converter(+HBO) and Internet (modem included) - (Bronze Package i believe)

3.95 Standard Digital Converter
9.95 DVR-HD
5.00 - for HD box
9.95 for digital service on 1s converter
6.95 for digital service on 2nd converter

are these good prices? i'm trying to add another HD box so that would add another 11.95 to the bill... I've heard rumors about people being able to get lower prices plus more premium stuff by comparing comcast to other provides (satellite)... btw im in the washington DC area

Comcast here charges;
$7.70 - $9.80 (depending on where you live) for Limited Basic (7 locals, Gov and 3 basic cable channels).
$40.55 for Expanded Basic, I think (Limited basic and Expanded basic), 52 channels.
$48.50 for Preferred Basic (Limited basic, Expanded basic and Value Pack), top analog tier, 67 channels.
$63.45 for Digital Basic (Preferred Basic and Digital Plus), adds 50 digital channels.
$75.99 for Digital Silver (Digital Basic and choice of 1 Premium movie package).
$85.99 for Digital Gold (Digital Basic and Choice of 2 Premium movie packages).
$95.99 for Digital Platinum (Digital BASIC and all 5 Premium movie packages).

$6.95 Extra Digital outlet (includes STB when needed).
$5.00 for HD STB.
$9.95 for HD-DVR STB
$14.95 to add Digital Plus to Limited Basic or Expanded Basic.
All digital packages include 1 std STB and remote.
All Premium movie packages are $13.95 and require a digital STB.

Last edited: