Are we ever going to get more than 100 record timers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
I find it really hard to believe that Dtv has never lifted the 100 timer limit on the hr34-44. What good does recording 5 channels at once and only 100 timers. I have 4 tvs and that breaks down to 25 timers per tv. I have lived with this problem for 3 years. My directivo 10 years ago could set as many timers as I wished even Dish hopper has no limited from what I have been told. Its just a pain when a show is off season I have to delete the timer and try to remember when it comes back on. Sorry for the rant but its 2015 if I didn't despise Dish so much I would be switching to a Hopper just because of this.

I think the 100 limit is on series timers, not manual ones. You can set them yourself if you like. The other option is to get dvrs for each tv. The monthly cost is the same, but you will have to pay a lease fee to get them, depending upon your customer status.

Well thats the problem I have 3 h25 receivers they are as fast if not fast than my hr44. I could not stand to go back to the painfully slow hr24 dvrs. Plus i would only get 50 extra series per receiver. If they would let me add a 2nd genie to my account I would in a second problem solved. Or if they would raise the limit problem solved. But this has been an issue for 10+ years with dtv drv's ever since they dropped directivos

How does anyone have time to watch 50 shows, let alone 100!?!?! How do you fit it on the DVR? External? I thought my 41 timers was a lot, and about 15 of them are still there for shows that are no longer even on due to cancellation/series being over, etc...

I think the 100 limit is on series timers, not manual ones. You can set them yourself if you like. The other option is to get dvrs for each tv. The monthly cost is the same, but you will have to pay a lease fee to get them, depending upon your customer status.
them manual ones counts toward that 100 also

But this has been an issue for 10+ years with dtv drv's ever since they dropped directivos
Not quite, IIRC, Genies has only been around for five years or so. before dual tuner DVRs had 50, Genies have 100, so it did get better over time!

Well thats the problem I have 3 h25 receivers they are as fast if not fast than my hr44. I could not stand to go back to the painfully slow hr24 dvrs. Plus i would only get 50 extra series per receiver. If they would let me add a 2nd genie to my account I would in a second problem solved. Or if they would raise the limit problem solved. But this has been an issue for 10+ years with dtv drv's ever since they dropped directivos
getting 3 HR24s will net 150 series slots, netting you a total of 250!

How does anyone have time to watch 50 shows, let alone 100!?!?! How do you fit it on the DVR? External? I thought my 41 timers was a lot, and about 15 of them are still there for shows that are no longer even on due to cancellation/series being over, etc...
I was thinking the same thing ...

Also, these are the same people that complain when a hard drive goes bad and they lose thier recorded shows .... for some reason, some people think that hard drives last forever.

Reactions: ejb1980
getting 3 HR24s will net 150 series slots, netting you a total of 250!
Oh but he thinks hr24s are painfully slow.
People never give credit when things come out that are better than previous.
Before the HR44's the HR24 was the fastest available.
My Hr24s are still MUCH faster than previous models.

I was thinking the same thing ...

Also, these are the same people that complain when a hard drive goes bad and they lose thier recorded shows .... for some reason, some people think that hard drives last forever.

I try not to let shows stay on there too long. My roommate has every episode of Supernatural from the CW and TNT so that takes up some space, but many of them get repeated a million times on TNT so it's not the end of the world if they get erased. And I record several episodes of Under The Dome before watching them because if I don't have a couple to watch in a row it's too hard to wait. That show is on-demand, too, if needed. Other than that, everything is watched same-or-next-day. I have 3 or 4 things that I think are cool that I don't delete but I wouldn't expect them to stay forever.

Not quite, IIRC, Genies has only been around for five years or so. before dual tuner DVRs had 50, Genies have 100, so it did get better over time!

Like I said "directivo" they were before dtv had their own DVR 10+ years ago probably more like 15years. Genies have only be around for about 3.5 years I got a hr34 the first day you could order then got hr44 as soon as my 2years were up it was as slow as a hr24.

I try not to let shows stay on there too long. My roommate has every episode of Supernatural from the CW and TNT so that takes up some space, but many of them get repeated a million times on TNT so it's not the end of the world if they get erased. And I record several episodes of Under The Dome before watching them because if I don't have a couple to watch in a row it's too hard to wait. That show is on-demand, too, if needed. Other than that, everything is watched same-or-next-day. I have 3 or 4 things that I think are cool that I don't delete but I wouldn't expect them to stay forever.
I have the whole season of most of my shows on the hard drive, that said, I watch them within the first week, keep them in case I get bored. Towards the end of the year, Ill delete most of them with the exception to the last couple.

Like I said "directivo" they were before dtv had their own DVR 10+ years ago probably more like 15years. Genies have only be around for about 3.5 years I got a hr34 the first day you could order then got hr44 as soon as my 2years were up it was as slow as a hr24.
You gave up your 34 when you got the 44 ?

If you used h25 receivers for 3 years and use your neighbor's hr24 you would say its painfully slow. I had to upgrade from a hr34 to hr44 because of the speed difference between the hr34 and h25.

You gave up your 34 when you got the 44 ?
I had to dtv only lets you have 1 per account. I lucked out they gave me full credit to buy a hr44 and $20 a month off for 12 months to sign up for another 2years I have 6 months left.

Oh lord. The processing power on the HR20-23s is terrible. They are sooooo slow. I loathe them all.

I doubt that anything less than a HR24 will be available soon.
Maybe not directly from D*, but retailers may still keep them. Nothing below a 23 is shipped by D* right now. The only reason they're sent is because of multiswitch installs due to the internal bbc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)