Are you happy with VOOM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Current VOOM customers!
Overall, are you happy with VOOM?

jwoods158 said:
Voom is a joke
So, does it mean you are happy with it? Or not? How did you vote?

70% happy or very happy, very interesting. From veiwing the forums for the past 3 months here i would have thought the numbers of happy customers was way lower. I guess there is some truth that a few complainers constantly post bad comments. By the way i have had VAVAVoom for the past 3 months and love it. I voted happy, but if voom would add my FSN-NY and MSG I would be very very very happy, and would kiss Walts feet if they added the HiDef feeds of FSN-NY and MSG. I am tired of paying dish 40 bucks a month so i can get my sports fix!!! (Ok, maybe the 40 bucks was a lie, i am tired of having two dishes on my roof to get my sports fix!!)

I voted just OK due to the continuing PQ issues. I have an 8 year old Chinese daughter and we sat down to watch Five Millenium of Chinese Treasures on Gallery Sunday morning and the mosquitos were thicker than a swamp in August & made the viewing experience one not to be remembered. Voom really needs to address this issue soon, I am getting very tired of it, probably as much as you guys are getting tired of listening to me complain about it.

So, has everyone voted?

Current results:

Out of 184 voted, 164 are current VOOM subscribers, of which:
123 (74%) are happy or very happy with VOOM and
17 (10%) are not happy or very unhappy.

(I am moving this poll from the Home Page to the VOOM Customer Comments forum.)

After months of watching in 480i (which I still enjoyed the fight and hard water and other programming), I can now see 1080i in all it's glory.

I voted happy. I think the things holding me back from very:

1. customer service / install problems
2. software issues
3. no IN or NET

If we get #3, and rain fade doesnt hit me bad, then this is a sweet deal.

Give me NWI and BBC and I'll go from 'Just OK' to 'Happy!'... want more?

Give me that DVR and I'll be 'Very Happy!'... :)

I have said this before but when it comes to value you cant beat what VOOM gives you for the basic package. I was getting next to nothing with TWC for the same price. I dont watch the exclusives that much but I love Monsters HD and RAVE....the rest and the CIn 10 I rarely watch. But like I said I still think its a great value.

Got voom installed yesterday. The installer took about 4 hrs. to finish, but the bottom line is it worked. I live in Pacifica, CA, about 12 miles north of SF on the coast. Initially, can't get any signal, but moving the dish to another location (on a tripod) on my roof did the trick. In terms of OTA channels, I got all the channels I care about except NBC whose transmitter is about 50 mi. the opposite direction. Overall, I am satisfied with the installation, albeit the installer is kind of grumpy and not knowledgeable enough to make the DVI connection work. I spend about an hour trying to make this work and I eventually figured it out.

I have read a lot of negative things about voom in this website and in the news, but I'm glad I have it. D* and E* just have to wait until they surpass voom in terms of HD programming. Voom is beautiful. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

Wallypa

I have been a voomer since February and for the most part I have been happy. But I voted not happy because of recent developments all related to the latest software "Upgrade". I was one of the few that never had the box lockup. Since the upgrade to the 7b software, my box locks up at least 5 times a day. I have heard that it is because I change channels to quickly, well this morning it happened by hitting the back button. Since the upgrade, I have had to go to component vidoe because my dvi connection no longer works. Now this morning I have awakened to no satellite channels, just OTA's. That will be ok until 5 tonight when football comes on. The only thing that is keeping me subscribed right now is the amount of HD I have (when I get a signal) and the awaiting whatever announcements that will come with the spin off or rumored takeover by E*.

I voted "Happy" mainly because of rain fade, repetition, and pq issues. I don't think I would be AS happy with any other service because of their relative dirth of HD channels. I'm not sure that I would experience that much better pq or rain fade with "D or "E either. And Adelphia digital cable (my only choice here) is a non starter. Starting to sound a bit like popular opinion about cell phone services huh?

I voted happy. I used to be very happy, but my level of satisfaction has gone down a notch after the 2+ weeks I have been suffering with 7.0b, having to subscribe to Cable for their HD DVR, and lack for news and information from HQ (bigger dish, MPEG4/WM9, DVR, etc.).

227 votes registered. Anyone else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts