Are you losing the Pre-scheduling programming on 622?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Since the last software upgrade L4.03, I have found out that my 622 is somehow erasing its memory of what I programmed to record. Since the Sopranos and The Tudor started, I selected to record all new episodes and twice I had to go manually and re-do it. It is like it was never programmed to record all new episodes of these programs. Has it happened to you?

NO the opposite. I set it to record new episodes and it records all episodes that week. I had to bo back and edit it to weekly timer to limit it to one show per week on shows like Entourage.

Yes, I've had this problem. I've tried to pre-program "Survivor" for the past two weeks since I've had 4.03 and both times the memory erased on this program. The first time I noticed it about 1/2 hour in the show so I missed the first part, the second time I caught it right before the show started so I was able to enter another time. I'll have to check tonight's episode again.

I wonder if anyone nearby seems to be getting these shows somehow appearing when they never programmed them in and they keep deleting them...

My scheduled OTA shows have been randomly not recording, and it is happening when there AREN'T any timer conflicts.

I really can't get a handle on it.

I tried reducing the redord time to 1 minute before & 1 minute after as suggested in another thread, but it makes no difference, and now some shows are not recording even if there are no timers before or after them.

They stay in the timers list, but just don't record, and they aren't listed as "skipped" either.

If I catch it before a sheduled show & set it up to record again it will - FOR ONE TIME, then I end up with 2 or 3 entries in the timers list & none of them record, but deleting & cleaning up the timers list doesn't help either.

I really don't understand DISH Pass - it appears that I get ALL episodes, and can't just select NEW ones, but it doesn't seem to matter anyway.

This is happening every week with grey's Anatomy & Desperate Housewives, and randomly with other shows.

I wonder if there is some type of broadcast flag added to some shows that is causing a recording problem?

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Since the last software upgrade L4.03, I have found out that my 622 is somehow erasing its memory of what I programmed to record. Since the Sopranos and The Tudor started, I selected to record all new episodes and twice I had to go manually and re-do it. It is like it was never programmed to record all new episodes of these programs. Has it happened to you?

Do they show as skipped? I have had this happen numerous occasions with both my 622 and 942, that it will show as skipped because of "incorrect program", when it is actually the correct program. I end up deleting and recreating the timer and then it will work for a couple of weeks and then the problem will come up again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts