Are You Smarter Than a Rock Star? Rock Legend Meat Loaf hosts Game show for DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Are You Smarter Than a Rock Star? Rock Legend Meat Loaf Hosts an Outrageous New Game Show Exclusively for DIRECTV Customers ''Rock & A Hard Place'' Pits Rock Super Stars in a Head to Head Battle of Knowledge Premiering January 23rd Exclusively on DIRECTV Channel 101EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 19, 2007--Rock legend Meat Loaf will host Rock & A Hard Place, an all-new original game show featuring classic and current music superstars as they battle it out for charity in the ultimate trivia challenge. The series, which debuts January 23 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on DIRECTV's (NASDAQ:DTV) original entertainment channel, The 101, will showcase music greats including The Pointer Sisters, Warrant, Sheila E., the Pussycat Dolls and others as they test their knowledge on everything from music history to current-events trivia, all in the name of charity.
"Meat Loaf is hilarious and he lets us see a whole new side to these music superstars," said Eric Shanks, executive vice president, DIRECTV Entertainment. "Music is a big part of The 101 and we couldn't be happier to add this show to our lineup."
The 10-episode series will feature head-to-head competition between two teams of music superstars as they test their worldly wisdom on everything from music history to current events and strange-but-true factoids. Music all-stars Grand Master Flash, Eddie Money, Warrant, Sheila E., The Pointer Sisters, along with industry new-comers The Pussycat Dolls, American Idol contestants, Stars of Track and Field, among others, will be pitted against each other for an all-out brawl of brain power. Each team of contestants will be playing for their own charity, with all the proceeds from the night's winnings going towards their cause.
The show will consist of multiple games in topics ranging from presidential candidates and Jim Morrison to album names and classic songs. Every correct answer earns the teams cash, and all earnings from the night will go towards each team's charity, regardless of whether they win or lose. The team with the most money at the end of the show, wins the game.
Rock & A Hard Place is produced by Blaze Television, the production company behind some of today's largest live music shows, including The 101's DIRECTV SXSW Live and Country Concert.
About DIRECTV
DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, presents the finest television experience available to 16.6 million customers in the United States and is leading the HD revolution with 87 national HD channels - more quality HD channels than any other television provider. Each day, DIRECTV subscribers enjoy access to over 265 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, industry-leading customer satisfaction (which has surpassed cable for seven years running) and superior technologies that include advanced DVR and HD-DVR services and the most state-of-the-art interactive sports packages available anywhere. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit directv.com.
About Blaze TV
Blaze TV, a division of Shout! Factory, was founded in the UK in 1999 to create, produce and market music and entertainment programming to a range of broadcasters throughout the world. Its first major project was CD UK, a live weekly hour-long popular music show which has aired for almost 400 episodes. Blaze opened a Los Angeles office in 2005 and began to produce CD USA for DIRECTV in January 2006. The show is now on-air weekly in nearly 100 countries. Working with artists as diverse as U2, Mariah Carey, Eminem, Madonna and Metallica, Blaze TV has produced major specials, including a two-hour concert and live Q&A session surrounding the release of David Bowie's Reality album. Under the guidance of producer/director Conor McAnally, Blaze TV has won 22 major awards to date, including five British Academy Awards and four Royal Television Society Awards.
Source: DIRECTV

I'll have to set my HR20 when i get home. Meat Loaf is always funny to watch and with acts like the Pussycat Dolls (no offense to any fans) being on there, you know there'll be some stupid answers.

If it is filmed and presented in HD - I will watch it - otherwise it is a no go for me. My wife watches Passions (please forgive her) and I get annoyed when I walk by and see it in SD. You would think that there own channel would display everything in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)