Are you STILL being harrased by Dish resellers?

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I am! And I'm getting sick of it.

I've now had three seperate places call me a total of 6 times for my Dish Network 'upgrade'. Yesterday's call was from a telemarketing firm and he advised me he was calling from Dish Network and that they bought Voom etc.

I stopped the speech at that point and told the guy he was wrong and that Dish no more bought Voom than they bought HBO. I then asked to be taken off their list and reported the call as a 'do not call' violation.

This is becomming harrasment. I'm to the point that I'm ready to file some kind of retraining order against the company. This is the last nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned with Dish Network. This direct marketing campaign is crap and I refuse to support it.

I don't know, since I don't answer "out of area" calls. And no one from E* has left a message. Although I did call them before May 1st and they said they couldn't give out info yet, but they would gladly call me back on the 1st. I told them I probably wouldn't be there and would just call them back when I was. I haven't.

I went back to Adelphia (3 HD DVRs) * Missed VOOM * E* Called * Somewhat Satisfied with Adelphia * DISH Called * Told DISH to Stop Calling * No Further Calls From DISH * VOOM Withdrawals * Cable Headend Rebuild Means No New HD Until Fall * More VOOM Withdrawals * Room for Only a Few More HDs * No Added Capicity or Major HD Channels Until After Comcast Takes Overship (9-12 months) * VOOM21 Being Carried by DISH * Gotta Have VOOM * One 942 and Two 811 Deal From DishStore * Jumped on Board * Install Set For 12 May * DISH does bother me.

riffjim4069 said:
I went back to Adelphia (3 HD DVRs) * Missed VOOM * E* Called * Somewhat Satisfied with Adelphia * DISH Called * Told DISH to Stop Calling * No Further Calls From DISH * VOOM Withdrawals * Cable Headend Rebuild Means No New HD Until Fall * More VOOM Withdrawals * Room for Only a Few More HDs * No Added Capicity or Major HD Channels Until After Comcast Takes Overship (9-12 months) * VOOM21 Being Carried by DISH * Gotta Have VOOM * One 942 and Two 811 Deal From DishStore * Jumped on Board * Install Set For 12 May * DISH does bother me.

This is not unlike my experience, though I only have one TV and my local cable provider is Charter. I made it about four or five days before I finally called Dish and set up install with a 942 for 5/14. I'm very much looking forward to having Voom Channels back and to be able to record them in HD.

Before I called Dish I had three or four calls from Dish or their resellers. None since. :)

CDH.

Can't blame them for trying. You have no legit complaint if you are not on the national "Do Not Call" list. You are fair game for any telemarketer.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Clever post as always, Riff. But what do you mean by this statement? Voom21 is not carried by Dish AFAIK.

Or did I miss a big announcement?
Well, at least they are planning to broadcast the entire VOOM21 lineup in the coming months...so I'll give them credit. Plus, some of the content from those channels not being aired will be shown on the stripped down VOOM10 (i.e. La Liga Futbol on Rush HD, Cinema10 films/movies being used to expand the Guy TV and Majestic HD lineup (more that two movies a day). As far as I know, the staff as VOOM is still busy formatting films and getting them ready for HD; should be an impressive HD film lineup when all Cinema10 channels are brought online.
Tvlman said:
Can't blame them for trying. You have no legit complaint if you are not on the national "Do Not Call" list. You are fair game for any telemarketer.
I am on the list, but I'm sure V* sold my information to E*. Anyway, they haven't called me after I told them that I am on the DNC list and would report any further contact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)