Arggghhh! I need to point to 61.5, 110, 119 and 12

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Nothing is easy...

I presently have rooftop mounted Superdish pointed at 110, 119 and 121 and run 3 cables from it to the basement mounted DP34. It's somewhat big and unsightly so I want to move it off the roof and post mount it in the backyard (IMHO it's less noticeable than on the roof) when I upgrade to HD.

But since I'min upstate, NY I need to point to 61.5 to get get HD including my locals. I also want to retain 121 since I get "free" KBS America as PI on that bird. It WAS supposed to be on 61.5 as PI but I guess that hasn't happened yet.

So I'll need to:

run an additional, 4th cable to the basement
swap out the DP34 for a DP44
insert power to the DP44 (DP34 presently does not require it)
add a dish for 61.5 (separate from the superdish I'm going to move to get around trees/house)

This will be one long service call...

If KBS America does manage to show up as PI on 61.5 at least I won't have to deal with a 4th cable, DP44.

The power inserter doesn't need to be next to the DPP44 (there is no DP44), it can be behind the receiver. Power is sent up the RG6. The switch does not have a place to plug a power line into like most other devices that can use a wall wart. So at least that part of the install should be easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts