Article: "Netflix hints at some good news for customers after big change to pricing"

All of the dots are Ultra Wide. Come on, you know this Juan.. and it's in more places than that also. I was in Joplin a few weeks ago and they had UW there.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 141724.png

It's available in and around most if not all major US metros
The availability of a thing does not make it good. I can stand right next to a 5GUW or 5G+ "tower" and get hundreds of Mbps, but not where I live, or work, or much in between. Having to put up tons of towers every couple of miles for mid-band or every 60 feet for mmWave just isn't practical. If you can get it, great, good for you, but I just have a hard time believing it will turn into a juggernaut home internet solution to replace wired connections from cable and fiber on a big scale.

I just have a hard time believing it will turn into a juggernaut home internet solution to replace wired connections from cable and fiber on a big scale.

I don't disagree with you there, I'm just saying for me personally, the 5G experience has been much better than I expected. I've tried ATT and TMO and their flavors of 5G can't even compare to Verizon's UW.

I had to do a videoconference on Teams yesterday using only my 5G UW hotspot and it handled the video perfectly.

Reactions: ncted
I don't disagree with you there, I'm just saying for me personally, the 5G experience has been much better than I expected. I've tried ATT and TMO and their flavors of 5G can't even compare to Verizon's UW.

I had to do a videoconference on Teams yesterday using only my 5G UW hotspot and it handled the video perfectly.
Thanks to your avatar, I have a picture in my head now of The Dude on a Zoom call.

My comments have nothing to do with their stock or market share.. I'm not a Verizon employee or stockholder. I was simply saying their 5G is the best.
It's all related to 5g lol lol...it tanked and the CEO is in big trouble..
The issue is that ultra 5g is just not wanted by the consumer the way it was expected to be..people today are looking for bargains and don't want to pay a huge premium price...those who would pay that price prefer fiber

It's all related to 5g lol lol...it tanked and the CEO is in big trouble..
The issue is that ultra 5g is just not wanted by the consumer the way it was expected to be..people today are looking for bargains and don't want to pay a huge premium price...those who would pay that price prefer fiber
Cell phones don't run on fiber.

people today are looking for bargains and don't want to pay a huge premium price

Most electronics consumers are stupid, outside of sites like this. They don't have to pay a premium price for UW, but they're financing 4 or 5 iPhones and their bill is $500.

For me, one person, who pays cash for my phone, I can use a Verizon MVNO and get the premium experience for cheap.

Most electronics consumers are stupid, outside of sites like this. They don't have to pay a premium price for UW, but they're financing 4 or 5 iPhones and their bill is $500.

For me, one person, who pays cash for my phone, I can use a Verizon MVNO and get the premium experience for cheap.
See you don't use "verizon" lol

To be fair, postpaid customers are premium and get priority on the network. Prepaid and MVNOs (other than Google Fi, as far as I can tell) get deprioritized when bandwidth is full.

I don't know where Juan is getting that people don't want faster internet...

Reactions: comfortably_numb
To be fair, postpaid customers are premium and get priority on the network. Prepaid and MVNOs (other than Google Fi, as far as I can tell) get deprioritized when bandwidth is full.

I don't know about you but I loved AOL and waiting hours to get a connection.

Prepaid and MVNOs (other than Google Fi, as far as I can tell) get deprioritized when bandwidth is full

I pay for the Visible+ plan which gives up 50gb per month in premium data; after that you can get deprioritized when the tower is congested, unless you're on the UW network, in which case it never deprioritizes. Honestly, I think it's probably the best deal in wireless.

I said don't " need "