artifacting with motion

sonicfox

Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
I just recently switched from Directv to Dish. I had a Hughes Directivo which performed well, but I switched because Directv STILL didn't have my local channels available.

Well, while I really enjoy the features of the 522 (MORE than the Hughes), I've also run into several of the problems with this unit that have already been mentioned. Lately, I've come across strange and really bad artifacting which occurs during motion particularly on bright red objects (mostly clothing). When the red item moves, it leaves annoying waves of bright green pixelized patches behind. I'm not sure if this is a particular problem with the 522 unit or with Dish in general. Has anyone else experienced this before? With Directv, I'm used to some pixleization, but it's never been this bad.

Thanks,
Mary

I've never noticed that on my 522.
The pixelation you're talking about happens sometimes in VERY heavy rain, but that's it.

I have pretty bad pixelization on my Dish locals, but not on any of the national feeds. On ABC,CBS and NBC, it is not too bad for regular shows, but is pretty bad when watching sports. The local PBS is really bad - Pixelization is constant, even when no fast-paced action is happening on-screen.

Are your issues with local channels?

I also have pixelation issues with my locals on DISH, especially on the local FOX affiliate during football games.

Yes, now that I think about it, this did occur on the local channels. Yesterday, I actually LOST signal twice while watching a local channel (PBS). It's been very frustrating.

Mine does this too on the locals. Pisses me off. When watching football on CBS, when the ball is thrown or kicked, you can't see it. The picture is so blurry that it doesn't show up when the ball is moving fast. I've use the Avia disk and it didn't change the PQ at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)