AS OF 18:00 Eastern VOOM Supervisor States "VOOM Is Still Operational"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bradley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
AS OF 18:00 (Eastern) VOOM Supervisor States "VOOM Is Still Operational"

At the end of today's business day... March 1, 2005

After a full 24 hours after CVC's press announce yesterday, February 28, 2005, the VOOM call center has NOT been informed of any operational changes.

VOOM CSR Senior Operations Supervisor states, "we have not been informed of any changes in operations."

Further stating, Charles and Tom Dolan will eventually take control of VOOM via VOOM HD, LLC.

He also claims the call center has and is inundated with requests for new subscriptions (46,000 + very likely - feels it's substantially more).

Factors that continue to inhibit exponential growth:

# 1. Credit Card vs. Debit Card... Voom will not accept debit cards at this point (reason - complaints: a temporary claim is submitted and placing a temporary freeze on the amount initially requested against account user's access to the funds for approximately 7 or more days; this is after the debited amount is already withdrawn).

# 2. Renters and apartment dwellers needing to seek owner permission.

# 3. Satellite 61.5 view-ability.

# 4. Phone line access (many users only use mobile, ISP or cable phone services).

Wait and see....

I hate to say it, but they are outsourced people. They would be, as always, the last to hear. It's on HDNews. It's over.

Hi Madpoet,

I am an hour from home. I have read all the posts but what exactly are they reporting on HDNews?

Thanks.

I believe vurbano was joking that there was a fat lady on HD News, so it must be over. I don't believe they are actually saying anything about this.

I've had HDNews on for an hour or so (glutton for punishment?) and they have not said one word about any of this.

bradley said:

At the end of today's business day... March 1, 2005

VOOM CSR Supervisor states he has not been informed of any changes in operations and feels Charles and Tom Dolan will eventually take control of VOOM via VOOM HD, LLC.

He further states the call center has and is inundated with requests for new subscriptions (46,000 + very likely - feels it's substantially more).

# 1. Credit Card vs. Debit Card... Voom will not accept debit cards at this point.

# 2. Renters and apartment dwellers needing to seek owner permission.

# 3. Satellite 61.5 view-ability.

Wait and see....

Bradley i have a debit card and Voom sign me up the trick is not to say you have a credit card. :D

bradley said:

# 1. Credit Card vs. Debit Card... Voom will not accept debit cards at this point.

I have been using my debit card for the 9 or so months I have had Voom. If this is true it is being enforced about as rigorously as the phone line connection.

Good Points - modified post to reflect omitted...

By the way... No mention of VOOM's demise on HD News.

And yes, the announcer is a lady and of girth... BUT... she ain't singing.

If you say its a credit card, it goes through about 50% of the time....I'm not sure why some debit cards decline, and some don't....

When i signed up with voom, they questioned me twice about my card but I stuck to my guns sort of speak and continued to tell them that it was a credit card. And it worked. I am/was approved for install on March 31st. Dark Day I know but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully, I'll still get my antenna.

P.S. I had over $100 dollars in my banking account at the time I called. I don't know if that helped or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)