OTHER ASC1 problems

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Brian can you add downloadable schematics for this piece of equipment. I put mine on a UPS, but still with the problem I mentiomed in another post of losing a leg of my power that the power compamy fixed I thought all was fine. Have had my dish parked on 125 for the music choice channels. Went to move the dish today and all zeros, spent the day setting all my positions again, Has to be a place to add a battery or a large capacitor to eliminate this. Thought the UPS would take care of it, but the intermittent voltage loss made it do it again

Brian can you add downloadable schematics for this piece of equipment. I put mine on a UPS, but still with the problem I mentiomed in another post of losing a leg of my power that the power compamy fixed I thought all was fine. Have had my dish parked on 125 for the music choice channels. Went to move the dish today and all zeros, spent the day setting all my positions again, Has to be a place to add a battery or a large capacitor to eliminate this. Thought the UPS would take care of it, but the intermittent voltage loss made it do it again
It's holiday season, and he's likely off enjoying himself, or with family. Try emailing him directly to his support email at: support@titaniumsatellite.com

Reactions: Comptech
Just putting it out there, have already set the positins. No big deal, just looking for a work around. Losing power is fine, but when it goes in and out, even with the UPS installed it loses everything. Just find it weird and no hurry for the answer.

Two things could cause the loss of user inputted data, resetting to no user inputted satellite data.

1. An extended exposure to short on the servo / sensor circuits. Resolution: Add appropriate fusible links inline.

2. A voltage loss during a critical time during the boot. Solution: Operate on a UPS. I assume that the current UPS is not properly regulating the power during a source loss.

Why not make a back-up file of the programmed satellite settings? It takes less than a minute to launch the editor program to save or load a satellite list. No need to manually input satellite position data.

Understood Brian and the mover is a tank and I love it. The only time it does this is with quick intermittent power loss. Really thought the UPS would take care of it, but seems like the toggling of the power is the problem. Very sensitive to voltage. Not knocking a wonderfull product, just asking were a backup battery could be installed.

Understood Brian and the mover is a tank and I love it. The only time it does this is with quick intermittent power loss. Really thought the UPS would take care of it, but seems like the toggling of the power is the problem. Very sensitive to voltage. Not knocking a wonderfull product, just asking were a backup battery could be installed.
What brand of UPS do you have? I have two of these, and they work wonderful. Just UPS alone isn't good enough, you also need one that's AVR: (if you can't see the Amazon link, disable your adblocker, and hit refresh)

CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR​

Amazon product ASIN B000FBK3QK

Never opened mine up yet which is rare for any piece of electronics.
Is the memory NVRAM? Or is there in fact a backup battery or supercapacitor to retain settings?
And yeah. The editor is a great tool to recover if and when things go south.
Write the last good stored file to the behemouth then.....
I'd just find the a sat and park the dish there with W-E buttons. Uncouple the motor from the actuator and tell the ASC1 to go to it. Bolt the motor back up and do positional tweaks and call it a day.

Well I did not tell the whole story, my bad. It made it through the power company problem. But last weekend I painted the living room and built shelves for the equipment. I was unplugged from everything for four days. When powered back up showed zeros for all postions The ups worked fine for the power problem, but I would think there would be a capacitor or a battery backup to keep it alive while unplugged.

I will also add that it was in storage for close to two years, that is why I am asking about a battery backup. Again, I can only see from 87W to 125W so no big deal to reset. Just cirious if there is a way to stop this from happing.

It used to happen with power flickers, the UPS solved that. But now when removed from power requires a reload of postions to work. Not bashing love the box, but would this be considered normal?

Send the main PCB in and I'll check it out.

Sorry, off the grid until mid-week. Snow camping in the Sierra Mountains. About 60 miles from where the Donner party spent their winter.

FB_IMG_1609034675847.jpeg

You could try reflashing, but I doubt that will help.

Try reading and saving the file then load it back onto the ASC1. Does this lock the user data in through a power cycle?
PS. You will likely want to save your satellite list before sending the PCB in for bench testing.

I am going to experiment for awhile before I send it in. Reason I am asking if there is a CMOS type backup for it, the unit was unplugged for a year and ahalf. Restting my positions is not that big of a deal as I can only see from 87w to 125W. The few times the power flickered with the UPS, it was fine, when I had my power problems a couple of weeks ago, power was gone for 10 to 12 hours. Low and behold all zero's when powered up. Lost that leg in the night, so not sure how long it was out with the main power switch on.

I my just try turning off the main power switch and let it sit for a day or two and see if it loses memory again. Still thinking it might be on my end with variable voltage hitting it while the main power is on.

OK, must admit, no problems with power the last week. Was om 99W just wanted to go to 125 for the music choice. 125 has been programed in for a week plus and hitting fine. Tonight it went right past it un til the actuator hit it's stop. Brian, do you have new mainboards to sell? This thing was fine from the get go, but much like me it is losing it's mind with old age. Was always on spot. I run 14 gauge lamp cord to the actuator for power and cat5 to the sensor completly separated from the power lines. has worked for ten years. Nothing else is in the cat5 other than the sensor wires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)