Assistance Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sswheeler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Slidell, LA
What is the difference between a standard LNB and a universal? I am in the process of building my first FTA system, but just need to know what LNB is the best for this. I know everyone has their own preference, but just need some input please. I know I am getting the GEOSATPRO HDVR1200, unless someone can talk me out of it and lead me to something better. This is not a primary source for TV, just a system that I can mess with.

Thank you

Standard - One L.O. of 10750 Receives the CONUS 11700 to 12200 band (some go higher)
Universal - Two L.O's. 10600 & 9750. For the CONUS band and the International frequencies 10750 (or there-abouts) to 11700. L.O is chosen via 22Khz tone. ON for Conus. Most receivers is automatic when Universal is selected.
More detail in LNB LO Frequency - 101
I'll let those with experience with that receiver comment on that other than the brand is USA based and is on this forum from time to time. Good customer relations.

Reactions: sswheeler
Standard Ku band LNB (typically 11.700-12.200ghz) L.O. of 10750 is the most commonly used in N. America.

Universal Ku band LNB covers the entire band (10.700 - 12.750ghz) with a receiver selectable L.O. of 9750 / or Hi Lo 10600 / 10750.
The receiver switches the LNB LO automatically when you select the Universal LNB option in antenna setup.

The universal LNB is used mostly outside of N. America.
It also ties up the 22khz tone option so you can’t use a 22khz switch in line with the LNB.

Reactions: sswheeler
Standard Ku band LNB (typically 11.700-12.200ghz) L.O. of 10750 is the most commonly used in N. America.

Universal Ku band LNB covers the entire band (10.700 - 12.750ghz) with a receiver selectable L.O. of 9750 / or Hi Lo 10600 / 10750.
The receiver switches the LNB LO automatically when you select the Universal LNB option in antenna setup.

The universal LNB is used mostly outside of N. America.
It also ties up the 22khz tone option so you can’t use a 22khz switch in line with the LNB.

Thank you for the information.

So is the GEOSATpro SL1PLL a good LNB? I have seen a lot of comments on it, but they are older. Is there a better one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts