asthma medication questions:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Has anyone here ever been moved from using inhalers to having to use nebulisers. It seems that the inhalers aren't working for me that much anymore so I'm wondering if using a nebuliser would make any difference. Granted I'll be using both the inhalers and the nebuliser but isn't the nebuliser the same thing as the inhalers but just how they are used. Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought so. I've been ordered to use the nebuliser twice a day for 2 hours at a time.

Just curious if anyone has dealth with this before but I'll most likely post this in another health based forum either way.

My wife has occasional bouts with asthma and uses inhalers infrequently as needed. Occasionally she gets "super treatments" certain times of years that she takes via a nebulizer. Both have similar functionality, but I think the nebulizer will deliver a non-aerosol medication to your airways while a inhaler is meant for aerosol medications. The nebulizer also is a longer process delivering more medication, although it doesn't necessarily indicate which method is better. Nebulizers also leave more of an aftertaste then inhalers do...even giving treatments to my infants, I'd get a aftertaste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts