Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like they are starting to ship the AT&T 622HZ Receiver.

One SatelliteGuys member was lucky enough to get their hands on one as you can see by the pictures below.

Hopefully we will have a full review of the AT&T 622HZ soon. :)

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• front_panel_1.jpg
    front_panel_1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,392
  • front_panel_2.jpg
    front_panel_2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,162
  • back_panel.jpg
    back_panel.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,425
  • remotes.jpg
    remotes.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,351
Doesn't appear to have the vented/slotted top like the 222. Real odd considering it is a DVR and will generate a fair amount of heat. I do expect the 622 to get a vented top in an upcoming hardware rev too....

Could there be an issue with the HDDs emitting too much "noise" through a vented cover, hence why it's NOT slotted ??

Doesn't appear to have the vented/slotted top like the 222. Real odd considering it is a DVR and will generate a fair amount of heat. I do expect the 622 to get a vented top in an upcoming hardware rev too....

If anybody could tell me where to get a top cover for ViP222, I wanna get it for my 622!

Look at that it's got HDMI and not an HDTV Digital Output :)

I am curious what you are referring to. What is an HDTV digital output? Is there one on the regular 622?

P.S.

I guess my 622 is very old. It doesn't have a "HDTV digital output" either. The TV1 & TV2 section on mine looks exactly like the 622HZ. Can I get Dish to replace mine for a new one with the "HDTV digital output?"

Last edited:
I am curious what you are referring to. What is an HDTV digital output? Is there one on the regular 622?

P.S.

I guess my 622 is very old. It doesn't have a "HDTV digital output" either. The TV1 & TV2 section on mine looks exactly like the 622HZ. Can I get Dish to replace mine for a new one with the "HDTV digital output?"

They are both an HDMI port but on the vip622 I've only seen it labeled HDTV Digital Output.

They are both an HDMI port but on the vip622 I've only seen it labeled HDTV Digital Output.

On the newer 622's it's labled "HDMI." I briefly had one of these, but it had other problems, and now I'm back to a remanufactured version "E" with an "HDTV Digital Output." At least it (the HDMI port) works! ;)

Brad

I can understand the black tape over the Receiver and Smart card IDs, but what's the tape hiding on the left side of the back panel? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)