At&t Anti Trust case

Yesterday Warren Schlichting testified in the trial. His position was what so many others believe - that AT&T will drive prices high and withhold programming, causing people to leave Dish or Sling for DTV or DTVNow. The idea that AT&T would gain more from subscribers joining DTV or DTVNow over the programming fees brought in from another carrier is one that I didn't think of before.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/...c-testifies-that-at-t-time-warner-merger.html

I actually support the sale to go through. Dish has/had the option to purchase Time Warner if they were concerned. Also, Dish has had plenty of opportunities to own channels. Hell, they could probably get part ownership of locals through their contract renewals with how hard they go at them. They have chosen to go a different route, and unfortunately, this may be them reaping what they sow. I love my Dish, but I also love business being a free enterprise, and the field was level, but Dish didn’t take advantage of some of their opportunities.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm also an advocate of the free market. However, history has proven that it must be tempered with reasonable restraints. The latter part of the 19th century proved that to us. Without oversight, it's easy for a single entity to overtake an entire industry and all it's satellite support business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts