AT&T Boosts Bandwidth Choices and Speed with 10 Mbps Offer for U-verse Customers

DirtyTurbin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Michigan
Millions of consumers now have a new option to keep them surfing in the fast lane with the nation's leading provider of broadband services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has announced plans to offer AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet Max in February 2008. The new tier, available exclusively to AT&T U-verseSM customers across the country, will deliver more bandwidth and faster available speeds — up to 10 Mbps downstream and up to 1.5 Mbps upstream.

Welcome to where Cable HS was at a year ago.
I am not taking anything away from DSL, but they are slow advancing...
Prices are going down for cable H.S, and I don't see a reason on why to go with DSL.
You have to be within a certain distance of the Datacenter in order for you to get the full speed that you are paying, I am not talking about 5/5mbps, I am talking about 4/5mbps.
With cable its doable, but with DSL, its not, until they lower their prices and able to increase the range.
Overall AT&T looks like its moving to the right direction.

I am paying 36$ a month for Cable High Speed Internet, 10mbps down/1mbps upload.

I have to say, though, with my AT&T DSL, I can max out my connection, at full speed (3 Mbps) any time, day or night, and it never slows down. So even if they have lower advertised speeds, at least they really do offer what they claim, unlike other broadband providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)